“We got a nice place”
Review of Club Balai Isabel

Club Balai Isabel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Talisay
Reviewed April 19, 2011

My 3 kids enjoy our 2 nights stays in Balai Isabel, the food is pricey but its OK since the waiters are in good service.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank jhuly

Reviewed April 12, 2011

We booked and pay for our reservation at balai isabel last three months ago, but when we came on the day of our reservation we waited for so long and after a long wait te front desk told us that the villa reserved for us was occupied by the other guest. After a long arguement with the staff we were given rooms,at night the aircon is shutting off automatically and no wAter in the morning

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
19  Thank Dockydoc
Reviewed March 6, 2011

For over a year now, I've been doing research on Club Balai Isabel but haven't had the chance to visit the place. Thus, I was so happy when it was decided that we would hold our team building in the resort.

Balai Isabel has several hotel buildings (four floors each without elevator) near the entrance and reception areas. The villas are at the back but I wasn't able to explore the place since we had a lot of activities to do. Each hotel room has two queen-sized bed which can accommodate a maximum of four pax, a veranda, a kichenette (they don't allow cooking inside though it is allowed in the villas), a small breakfast nook, and the usual amenities. It is cozy and spacious albeit the bathroom is a bit small (no bathtub) and they only provide lemongrass scented bath soap and shampoo (which smells wonderful). It costs over P6,000 per night. The hotel buildings are near the reception and dining areas. There are also two swimming pools -- one in front of the restaurant and a much bigger one near the villas. Both are situated by the lake. There are also bicycles for rent for those who want to go around the resort but are not so fond of walking. Although there are lots of trees around, it could still be hot during mid afternoon.

Taal Lake gives one a nice view of the volcano but is not ideal for swimming since it has a fishy smell and not very clean. The resort offers water sports equipment but we didn't try any. There is also an obstacle course which can be used for free.

While Club Balai Isabel is really a very nice resort, we can't say the same thing about the food which is average at best and quite expensive. However, the resort allows food to be brought inside the rooms without any corkage fee. The resort is also situated along the main road so buying stuff either at nearby stores or in Tagaytay is pretty easy especially if you have your own transpo.

Balai Isabel is a good place to relax and contemplate and to bond with family members and friends but I don't think I can last more than two days there due to lack of activities.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank gold1109
Reviewed March 1, 2011

Hi, been there last weekend with my family. My family loves to have a great escape once in awhile from the city. I can say that Balai Isabel is a very nice place to get away from our busy life with its breathtaking view of the taal.

I just have one thing that i can't get off my mind. I really don't understand why we can't use the infinity pool before 10am. Lifeguard said that they just put chlorine in it. I understand that they need to make sure the pool is clean but it doesn't make sense why they chose to do it during the time where their guests wants to have a nice dip in the pool to enjoy the early morning swim. As far as i know 10am is where you need to stay out of the sun. It just doesn't make sense that management would only allow guests to use the infinity pool during that time of the day and to think that we need to check out by 12noon already. tsk. tsk. tsk. sayang ang time. For me, it's such a waste not to maximize the beauty of the resort. My daughter who's 4yrs old was very excited to swim. We plunge into the pool and the lifeguard let's us out because it's only 9:30am. It was a windy day and we're chilling since we're already wet!

Despite of that, I will still recommend Balai Isabel to my family and friends.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 4, 2011

Service is So -So. They can do better.

The whole club Isabel is a beautiful place, with mount Taal in the background, It's really a great place to relax and unwind with the whole family or with friends.

The room is spacious (that's what my friends with me say)... I like their little kitchen though it only means stove and a ref and some utensils, plates I believe. You need to bring your own cooking paraphernalia if you really want to cook. Beds are fine, their double beds are small, fit only for two small people). They have 2 sofa that have a pull out bed. The room we rented is one of the Lake shore suites, it is about 6.5k pesos per night. This is already good for 6 pax.

They have 2 pools, The kiddie pool with slide and the Infinity Pool which is very big and great for night swimming! This is the best of the amenities that they have. They also offer nature Spa, prices ranges from 750 - 2500 Pesos. They also have place for billiards & darts. You can also go biking and kayaking. We never tried any of them, we don't have the time. :(

The Food. Don't dine in their restaurant. It is pricey and very basic, nothing special except the flies flying around our plates. Just imagine, 2 bbq sticks worth 280 Pesos. 140 each? DUH Go to restaurant outside the club, we tried Milans, it is 5 minutes ride from Club Isabel. You can go via tricycle if you want. Order the sisig eggplant! champion! :)

We also went trekking to see the crater of Taal. Balai Isabel arrange the trek for us. The tour guide and the boat. For the a group compose of 6 people, we contributed 1, 800 each, it includes the suites and the tour arrangement to taal.

Over all I would really suggest to stay at least 2 days and 2 nights in club Isabel to fully enjoy its amenities. It's a beautiful place indeed (except the food). You will definitely enjoy. =)

You can visit. eridegu@blogspot.com for photos!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank joiesabordo
Reviewed January 16, 2011

Its a lovely resort that offers amazing views overlooking the Taal Volcano. Had some issues with the management but it was sorted on their end, so well done for handling the matter quickly, this calls for good customer service. The resort rooms are extremely spacious and clean, location is great the entrance is along the main road so it wasn't difficult to find. Its close to Tagaytay City as well, around a 20minute drive. I overall had a comfortable stay and would like to return again one of these days.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank kmgk
Reviewed January 16, 2011

My family and I spent the New Year's in Club Balai Isabel and it was one of the best New Year's I ever had. The resort was really fascinating, it was so close to the Taal Volcano and the scenery is just too good for our cameras! My cousins and I had a full time picture taking at ever corner of the place. There were fireworks after the countdown ended and I really enjoyed the show. The villa that we rented was quite spacious and clean. It fits for a large family such as ours. The staff is also very accommodating; from the reservations, to the front office and everyone who I think works for the resort. They assisted us in all the things that we need. The food at the club house is also very good, my favorite was the lunch served to us on our second day which was an organic meal. Can't wait to visit this resort again! I would surely recommend this to all my friends and to all the people who appreciate real beauty of nature.
It was a New Year spent with family at the comfort of one of the best resorts I've ever been to.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Prettypinkfel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Talisay
Coral Beach Club
#1 of 4 in Nasugbu
Canyon Cove Hotel & Spa
Canyon Woods Resort Club
White Castle Resort & Hotel

Been to Club Balai Isabel? Share your experiences!