“Good place, enjoyable stay”
Review of Coral Beach Club

Coral Beach Club
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Lian
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Rooms - the rooms are basic but clean. Overall, no complaints.

Food - the restaurant food is good but a little bit pricier than you might expect at this type of place.

Spa - There is a spa on right there at the resort. They have three beds. They were able to accommodate me and two others in my party on the spot. The massage was wonderful! They are open until 10 pm so you can have an evening massage too.

Activities - The beach itself isn't good for sunbathing, etc. You can rent bamboo rafts that will take you a little bit out and then you can jump into the water from there. I think we paid around 1000 pesos for the day. There were 10 people in my party and we fit comfortably on the raft. You can order food from the restaurant and they will bring it out onto the raft for you. You can also pre-order seafood the day before and then they will grill it for you on the raft. We also rented a paddle boat for 1.5 hours and that cost around 300 pesos. The paddle boat will take you further out where the snorkeling is better. The water is very clear and you can see many fishes and corals. There were also two sea turtles in the area at the time but I was not able to find them.

All in all, it was a very fun trip and I would highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lonny206

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I had booked by email and did not pay a deposit.

Checkin took all of five seconds.

There are 14 rooms in a total of two by two storey neat blocks together with a further two ground floor only. Another six will shortly be open in a third double storey block.

My room was named 'Baltusrol' and was spotless. It had a comfortable foam double bed with classy stone-coloured eiderdowns (doonas) and good quality sheets. Tghe pillows were comfortable. There was a quiet, efficient spilt system airconditioning unit while the room had two nice chairs and a desk lit by a fluoro desk lamp. There was free tea and coffee.

The bathroom had a good shower but no shampoo or conditioner was provided. For P3800 a double (which did not include breakfast) I would have expected this. There was a light over the basin to facilitate shaving. The toilet seat refused to stay up: annoying for a male. This needs to be fixed.

The outlook from the room was pleasant with the small pool very clean and not over chlorinated.

The restaurant served excellent fish and chips, nice mango shakes (but were out of banana shakes - why?) although the pancake served for breakfast was extremely doughy and tasted undercooked. In contrast, the hot chocolate was pleasant.

The beach is OK but not the quality of those that I have found on numeous Visayan (central island group) and Mindanoan (southern Islands group). There was a bit of rubbish further along the shore but not as much as some previous posters had described. There are floating bangka-type rafts available on which to while away the hours drinkingh.

We enquired about snorkelling but were told that it's a 15 minute boat ride away with a minimum charge of P500 for each of four persons - that is, P2000, so we declined.

The resort had a lot of guests (including Manila-based expats) and seemed very well run. That it is expanding on its fairly small block of land says volumes about how well it is regarded. The expats would not keep coming if not for word of mouth as it does not have a very good Internet site.

While not as good as many Visayan or Mindanaoan beaches, it's a pleasant place to spend a weekend with travel time from makati about four hours in heavier traffic or three hours in light traffic.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Victorianlad
Reviewed December 20, 2012

The Coral Beach Club is a wonderful little resort. About two and a half hours South of Manila, it is a very relaxing place to get away for a few days. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The grounds are immaculate and staff very helpful. They just got a new manager and she was very nice. The only place to eat is at the resort restaurant, but the food is very good and affordably priced. They have a mix of American and Asian food. It is an open air restaurant with a terrific view. MJ’s Spa is on the resort. You can get a great massage before going to bed. Jessica does a fantastic job and was extremely friendly. The locals will try to sell you necklaces and other handmade items on the beach. I bought several things from them (Christmas presents). The locals were nice and I enjoyed talking to them. The children were beautiful. They would collect shells for me in exchange for a couple of pesos. The sunset over the South China Sea is the most gorgeous sunset I have ever seen in my life. I was there during the week, so the resort was not crowded. I didn’t want to leave and I can’t wait to go back again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Jim F
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Great place to relax. The hotel area is very clean. The food is good. The beach is nice. The property is easy accessible. Outdoor Whirlpool is available. Internet ist fast and free. It is lovely to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Andi_Sch_H
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

My fiance and I stayed here for a couple of days. Our room was really clean, bed and couch is comfortable. I'm a bit of an obsessive compulsive(the cleaner) so whenever we go on travel and book for hotels, I always check the bathroom first. Theirs is extremely clean and well-maintained. Food is a bit pricey but worth it. Their Sinigang is a must have. Ms. Gina was very accommodating and all the other staff are really nice and so as the owner of the resort. I'll be back here and will be recommending this to my friends. Thank you cuz you really made our visit memorable and relaxing.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Smallville19
Reviewed September 26, 2012

If you're looking for beachside peace at a comfortable resort, Coral Beach Club is the place.

Managed by a British lady, this resort has been operating for almost two decades. Theresa is a gem who cares about each and every guest's needs. She was even considerate about my gluten intolerant needs, making sure there was always rice pasta in the kitchen.

The design and comfort of the rooms are the best in this small town. I looked around and actually changed hotels from where I was staying to Coral Beach. Not much difference in price either.

Five star service can be learned and five star polite words and phrases can be memorized from a script book, but when kindness comes form the heart, one can feel it. At the Coral Beach Club, Theresa cares about her guests, and the service is truly from the heart, from everyone here.

Your needs are learned and met.

One night I unknowingly dropped a 500 Peso note, and a waiter instantly picked it up and returned it to me.

Value for money: Excellent.

Thanks you guys.

Room Tip: There are some rooms with a sea view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank LH7Singapore
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We visited The Coral Beach Cliub last weekend following the serious storms and during a period of strong high tides,

We were staying at another property at Matabungkay and visited to look at other alternative resorts in the area. In fact we visited seven in total and only consider this resort and where we were staying to be likely to be worth staying at.

The staff were extremely friendly and courteous when we explained our mission and showed us their 'deluxe' romms. The rooms were extremely well equipped with desk, ref. and coffee making facilities.

The restrauant seemed to be well supplied and offered a good range of food at reasonable prices, the number of diners would indicate the quality.

The hotel is situated on the main beach with direct access to the beach. It was not a good weekend to rate the beach due to the recent storms and the high tide which was fueling a quite reasonable surf with a lot of seaweek which was only to be expected. We visited the area in June when the beach was most enjoyable and offered long walks for those who, like us, like to explore.

I rate the hotel as very good and would stay there but for the fact that I prefer a hotel with larger private grounds and I like to have the space for personal privacy.

I am sure that patrons would not be disappointed.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Bob1818296
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lian
Matabungkay Beach Resort & Hotel
Canyon Cove Hotel & Spa
Pico Sands Hotel
Pico Sands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Nasugbu

Been to Coral Beach Club? Share your experiences!