“Ok buy not worth the price”

Matabungkay Beach Resort & Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Lian
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Old and run down. The room is spacious and the resort is big with a lot if facilities but not worth the room rate. We had lunch at the coral beach resort and that seemed like a much better option for the same price. The restaurant at coral beach was nicer and the resort was closer to the beach.

Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank burntoshine7

Reviewed May 9, 2014

We had a long road trip and saw a sign of Matabungkay Resort. We decided to check out the place and it's been ages since the last time we were here. Matabungkay was a very famous beach resort when I was still a kid in the late 70's and we spent our summers here many times. We went straight to the dining room and ordered pizza, sandwiches and halo halo. They were good. The staff were very friendly, pleasant and always smiling. I went to the beach and no one was swimming. Saw a few fishermen. The swimming pool though was packed with happy Koreans. They were karaoke singing and clearly they were enjoying their time. For a quick getaway, this resort will do. Just don't expect 5 star accommodation because the place need remodelling to bring back the glory that it had before.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank wrkshy
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Room : OK but not worth the money you'll pay for it. The single beds were not good at all.
Bathroom: OK / no bidet
FOOD: TERRIBLE! We ate dinner, breakfast and lunch.. tasted not good at all..

I suggest that if you want to visit Matabungkay Beach, stay somewhere else. :-)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Kim G
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I feel sorry that I have only discovered now the Matabungkay Beach Hotel since I live in Balayan Batangas for 10 years. My friends in Bacolod City have visited me and I need a place for them to stay. I am really grateful that my feet have led me to find a very good place like Matabungakay Beach Hotel which my friends will never forget the nice experience. They have pools for my kids, they have good beach, nice cotttages, tennis court, basketball court, beach volleyball......name it they all have it. The room was very spacious at a very reasonable price. The reception was very friendly and accomodating. The food is also good. I will definitely be going back soon with my family and relatives.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank ROMMEL0968
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Left my electric tooth brush when I left, and went back after about 2 hours to be told that they did not find anything in the room.

The restaurant did not serve food of the quality for the price they are charging.

Room service very slow.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Louis_Tan2010
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I recently celebrated my birthday here 1st weekend of March and I can say that there are noticeable room improvements since our last visit which was around 2011. Their deluxe rooms can already accommodate up to 3 persons. Comfort rooms where also renovated. The staff, as always where all nice, friendly and accommodating. An added attraction is the newly-opened beach restaurant with live band as entertainment, which opens for dinner if you want to have dinner and drinks by the beach. They offer grilled food and are reasonably priced, which me and my boyfriend enjoyed. The Spa, as always provided our much-needed relaxation, thanks to their friendly staff. If you are looking for a quiet out-of town weekend getaway, I recommend this beach resort.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank iamannh
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We chose the place to celebrate our 5th anniversary yesterday and decided to bring our 2-year old daughter with us. I must say that we are very satisfied with the place. The room I reserved is just a deluxe with a single queen size bed considering that our Kid will just sleep beside us, but they gave us a much bigger room with a queen bed and a single bed for our daughter for the same prize. here are the pros and cons based on our experience.

Pros:
-travel is very smooth and easy.
-friendly staffs, including the guards, front desk, service guy, life guards and dining staffs (one girl staff even became friends with my daughter, I forgot to get her name for commendation though)
-hotel room is so spacious and restrooms are clean and very comfortable (even the crs and shower rooms on the swimming area)
-I love the pool area, specially the beach chairs. You can also borrow beach towels on the life guard's desk
-the sands are so light and fine, and they kept the shore clean
-the water is very clear we can see the fishes swimming with us and also the starfishes which we can avoid to step into
-boats are available for only 500 pesos for snorkeling and island hopping. You can also rent a balsa only for 1,250 pesos for whole day where you can dine, barbecue and rest in the middle of the sea. The balsa is big enough to accommodate large groups like 15-20 people
-they have presentations during weekends. The chorale from matabungkay national high school sang christmas songs during our dinner.

Cons:
-a lot of flies on the dining area during lunch
-no wifi on rooms, but they have on dining and bar
-food were not as yummy as I expected
-no enough facilities for kids like playground, and the slide on kiddie pool doesn't look safe

Overall. Still a great place for me. We will surely come back. My daughter even cried when she learned that we're leaving and will be going back to our "real room" and not to the hotel room.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank MommyNiReign
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lian
Coral Beach Club
#9 of 10 in Batangas City
White Castle Resort & Hotel
10 mi away
Canyon Cove Hotel & Spa

Been to Matabungkay Beach Resort & Hotel? Share your experiences!