“Well renovated accommodation in a quiet and...”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
secu82
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Well renovated accommodation in a quiet and peaceful area...”
Reviewed June 9, 2018 for a stay in June 2018
person found this review helpful

I have split this review into 2, the accommodation, followed by tips and reviews on the area/Norfolk.

Accommodation 8/10

Firstly when I booked here I got this for what I believe was a reasonable price. The pictures looked good and the place seemed like it had character. Getting here I should have read the email a little clearer, at the end of the long drive before the estate turn left, don’t go straight on as the road is awful. I would assume this is a deterrent to stop non-locals visiting the beach.

The accommodation was probably the nicest looking one from outside, you can tell it’s recently been done up. Once inside the apartment it’s really spacious and welcoming. The games room is a nice touch and the seating area in the living is really well laid out and relaxing. The log burner came in use the first night (tip) purchase wood from the local farm shop (£3.00) and kindle (£1.50). Was strange that there is an honesty box and a note saying £10 wood and £6 kindling, but either way I guess this stops people just taking it all or burning through it every night.

Upstairs bedroom was good size, bathroom also nice. Didn’t get chance to use the bath but it looked good. Downstairs the bedrooms had 2 double beds in and comfortable (other review about being too low was incorrect?) . Garden area was nice and when it was sunny was good to sit and lay in the sun.

The beach was great nice private (ish) and was a 1 mile walk around the beach front and estate, so was nice to take the dog around, for a run or walk in the morning.

The area is in the middle of nowhere to a degree, nothing is really in walking distance. The cafe is probably a 30 min walk away. The breakfast was good, but a nightmare drive up as the road is even worse than the entrance.

Would recommend if your looking for somewhere in the area or something nice and quiet. The accommodation has been done well, the WiFi and TVs in each room. Along with a good spacious modern feel. Well done to whoever worked on the renovation.

Norfolk (6/10) I tried to buy a lonely planet guide as everywhere else I have been from New York to Cornwall has had one. Norfolk didn’t have one (I now know why)

Highlights of the trip

1. Horsey - was fun seeing the seals so close and was a nice walk.
2. Poppy fields - great cafe, good food and well themed. His is right next to Horsey Gap (seal viewing area)
3. Wells next the sea - Massive beach, good views of the beach huts.
4. Cromer - Good town, nice crab. The baguette shop was also good here.
5. Holt - Nice market town. Very classy, good shops and coffee places etc.
6. Happisburgh - light house and failing sea defences.

maggiemay...
Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Lovely holiday cottage but the beds and furniture let it down - nightmare problem ruined our week !”
Reviewed May 7, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Stayed here for a week in April 2018. Lovely cottage finished to a high standard with quality furniture and equipment. The only problem was the beds are like camp beds they are 3” off the floor and unless your fit and agile very hard to get in and out of, my 90 year old mother had to spend a week sleeping in a chair in the lounge. This is a real shame because the quality of the beds is amazing they are sturdy and comfy. The sofa is exactly the same you sit down and your inches off the floor. I did report this and advised the description needs updating to reflect this as I would never of booked had I of known, as far as I was aware from the description the propertyticked all boxes. I did request to the owner on our second day that maybe he could come and put some sort of blocks under the bed so my mum could get in the bed but he refused. No other issues with this property although this was a major one that ruined our break away and we left early.
The estate is an unadopted road full of pot holes but if you pick the right road to drive down there are a couple of routes not quite as bad to get in and out of. Lovely area with lots of lovely local places to visit. Great dog friendly beach a stones throw away.

Management Response
May 22, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments.

I am sorry to hear you had difficulties with the beds within the property, however I am glad you enjoyed the property despite this We try to be as transparent as possible and have photos of all the beds on the property listing. As they are all fairly low to the ground, they may not be suitable for everyone.
Should you have any special requirements at all, we encourage you to contact our Travel Experts who are on hand to answer any questions you may have and provide guidance when booking.

Kind Regards,
The Customer Service Team
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing