“our own paradise”

Les Caraibes Beach Resort
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed July 9, 2009

my gf and i went to san juan batangas for my bday and our monthsary celebration last april 23 to april 25. we're not prepared for the trip because we want to experience the most out of it. (the hassle, the sweat and everything..ITS FUN! :). We went there to check out Balay sa Laiya because i saw the place on the web and its so beautiful and relaxing but the rooms were all booked since we dont have any reservation. We walked around and found Tiramindu resort just beside Balay sa Laiya. The place is nice but we couldnt afford the room rates so we walked again until we found Les Caraibes resort just beside tiramindu. We got a Cluster room (that;s how they call it) for Php4,500 for 3d and 2n stay. The room is so clean, spacious, cozy, relaxing and it was well-airconditioned. It has 4 double deck bamboo beds (so if youre going with your friends the room is cheap because it can accommodate up to 8 persons). What my girlfriend and i did was we took off two matresses and we piled it on the floor so we can sleep beside each other. The bathroom was so nice! The shower has a water heater and you can feel complete privacy once youre inside. The beach was so nice and beautiful and i felt like the whole place was mine because theres nobody else aside from my girlfriend that was there. The staff and the owner was so accommodating. You wont have any problems with their service. The food was a little expensive but it's worth it since the chef was French and the food was really good. The beach was FANTASTIC! You can feel as if youre in a paradise. I would greatly suggest this resort to everyone. My girlfriend and i plan to go back there this august so watch out for us! :)

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank elmcie22

Reviewed June 19, 2009

we really had fun at Les caraibes... the place is super cool.... we enjoyed hanging out there.. cool sounds.... great food.... [--]-kickin' drinks!!! (love it), cozy room, super accommodating staffs... nice people!!!! can't wait to go back there!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank screwdriverDIVA
Reviewed June 1, 2009

This trip was arranged for our departments annual summer outing. The decision to choose Les Caraibes was based on recommendations made by a few colleagues who've "discovered" the place.

This is where things got a bit worrisome, because the owners of the place weren't as responsive as we needed them to be. They were gracious enough to reserve the place for us, but didn't send a lot of key information until a few days before we had to make the trip. We haven't been able to discuss and agree on the price per head, the menu, etc -- thing we would consider crucial before embarking on such a trip. Also, we hired a touring bus and it turned out that the resort couldn't accommodate such a large vehicle so we had to park about 100 meters away and pay a lot owner a parking fee of P500.

However, despite these shortcomings, I still rate the resort 4/5 because all my worries were dispelled as soon as we got into the resort compound. The place was simple and clean. There were just a few cottages so there was very little danger of overcrowding. We were immediately served our lunch buffet (came with the package). After lunch, we were escorted to our rooms.

We had about 90% of the resort to us due to the group's size and had almost all of the staff's attention to ourselves. Service was quick and food was served on time.

Only 1 room had cable/satellite TV, but I guess that's okay since we really had no plans of staying in the room for the whole day when we have a the beach and the sun outside!

Overall, a positive experience! I would go back and bring some of my other friends too.

PS. Alcohol is cheap (beers at 30 and 35 pesos per bottle) and shots go for as low as 90 pesos.

• Stayed: May 2009
2  Thank Ryam G
Reviewed April 20, 2009

my girlfriend and i stayed at les caraibes for 2n/3d to rest and have some time alone. we weren't disappointed at all because everything was almost perfect. moonshine lit the whole resort at night, the beach wasn,t crowded,food was prepared as you order(you'll love the dessert) plus we were lucky to have the resort all to ourselves becuse we were the only guests at the time,the crew were so accomodating esp. junee who always prepares our food and also dante who was the lifeguard and our guide at the same time. the food were nice especially the cordon bleu which my girlfriend liked very much. my all time fave was the coffee they serve,barako, if im not mistaken. the owners were so accomodating yet respected our privacy. Ash, the owner's son even texted me to ask if we enjoyed our stay and i replied we did and is really planning on going back sometime soon.but the most memorable thing about this resort was that i think my girlfriend might have conceived our child during our stay here,haha, she's pregnant and we're expecting our first baby in december. thanks for all the wonderful memories les caraibes.c u soon.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank willieman
Reviewed March 19, 2009

My friends and I visit Les Caraibes Beach Resort quite often. Whenever we start to feel burnout from all the stress from work and everyday life routine, we tell each other, "Tara, Les Caraibes tayo!?!"

From Alabang, we usually leave for San Juan Batangas at 6pm because traffic is less at the near by towns you'll pass-by along the way. Trip going there is safe at night, in 2 1/2 hours time, you're already there, welcomed and greeted by their very friendly staff.

There's this certain peaceful and relaxing aura in the resort; maybe caused by the quiet atmosphere, or the wide beachfront view, or the breeze...can't pinpoint exactly what. It just drains all the stress from your body and whatever's bothering you.

Maybe it's their food? Food is excellent specially when their in-house French Chef is there--quite a character as well! You can even make special requests from him, though it depends on the availability of their kitchen supplies. Plus the owners, a mother-and-son tandem, are truly fun-loving and hospitable.

They have a website, http://www.lescaraibesresort.com. From the pictures alone, you might be able to get an idea of what I'm trying to share: How the experience of being laid back should be.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank Botchog
Reviewed February 24, 2009

My college friends and I planned out a trip to go to the beach back in Dec. 08'. A lot of suggestions were raised but it was decided that we go somewhere in Batangas since most of my friends are from the South of Luzon. I searched the 'net for places that we can go to and came across Laiya. We have a spot, now just to find a resort. After going through several websites of resorts and reviews Les Caraibes offered the most value for our money. The resort did not disappoint us considering that it was not expensive, so our expectations were all met. Ash, the owners' son, is very patient with us despite the several changes we had with our arrangements. He was very accommodating and the entire staff were very polite and hospitable. The owners would even join you for a few drinks and share stories about the place. They will make you feel that you are truly welcome and attend to every inquire that you have. They are very flexible when it comes to corkages for food and drinks that you are going to bring in to the resort. The resort is fairly new so there is some construction going on. A swimming pool is part of the plan and hopefully will be done next year. The rooms, rest rooms, shower room are all clean and spotless. The beach is constantly being raked of any trash such as food stuff, cigarette butts and wrappers. The only regret that I have was not to be able to have my meals prepared by their in-house french chef since my friends decided we cook our own food. Something that I'll certainly return for in the future.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank carl r
Reviewed December 29, 2008

The resort is relatively new, only opened in January 2008. We chanced upon a link to their website by browsing some travel blogs. We looked for it here on Trip Advisor but there were no reviews yet. When we got there, we found out from the staff that construction is still on-going this 2009. A swimming pool is to be constructed soon and more cottages and bathrooms too.

Anyway, we stayed at this resort for 2nights/3days.

Accommodations. We stayed in the Big Cottage which was supposed to house 6-10 pax but we were only 4 (my wife and me and our 2 kids). It had airconditioning, cable Tv, hot&cold shower in a big bathroom and 3 queen-size beds. Overall, it was great. Very clean, towels and soap are provided. It had a beachfront view with sliding glass doors which you can open wide enough to have fresh air and a nice view of the beach.

Beach. Very clear, crystal blue water. The sand is white when dry, brownish when wet but good enough. There are pebbles in some parts so it hurts a little if you walk barefoot. We were there post Christmas so it was quite windy and the waves were hitting the shore a lot, but they said it was calmer during summer. But our kids had fun playing in the water and on the sand.

Staff. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating. The lifeguard on duty during our stay was Dante, a native of Batangas who told us stories of life there at the beach and even gave my son some shells for him to keep as souvenir. The housekeeping staff, Noli, was also very helpful.

Food. We availed of their food package for P750 per head per day (inclusive of lunch, snacks, dinner, breakfast). They have a French chef named Philippe who cooked everything for us. The food was delicious and worth the price. However, due to some confusion, we were served the same dish for lunch and dinner on our second day.

Getting there. We commuted! :) From Manila to the resort, it took us 4 hours. Bus from Cubao to Tambo. Jeepney from Tambo to Lipa. Jeepney from Lipa to San Juan. Jeepney from San Juan to Laiya. Of course, we had a few stop-overs in between. It wasn't very tiring actually coz we only brought 2 backpacks and there wasn't much walking.

If you drive, they said it would take less than 3 hrs.

Overall, the trip was enjoyable and relaxing. Definitely something worth doing again.

5  Thank rasec_dc
Old San Juan Hotel
Old San Juan Hotel
#9 of 9 in San Juan
Estrellas de Mendoza Playa Resort

Been to Les Caraibes Beach Resort? Share your experiences!