“Great Dog Friendly and Human Friendly Hotel”

Woodlands Lodge Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Woodlands
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed for two nights at the Woodlands Lodge in the New Forest and were delighted with the place. We wanted somewhere in the New Forest where we could take our German Short Haired Pointer which had good access to walking, good food and good value. We were not disappointed on any count. The hotel staff all made us welcome and definitely had the personal touch. The room was fine - quite large enough for us and our dog and had a great view over the gardens. The food was exceptional for a hotel - I would say very good restaurant quality. Location was superb: great garden and paddock and opening out directly into the forest. No need to use a car at all. In the evening we sat with two the couples in the garden room who both also had very energetic dogs and the dogs had a whale of a time running free in the garden together. The owner even managed to smile when two of them decided to run back in and bound up the starers. Luckily they were both well behave enough to come back when called. Would recommend this place to anyone - especially dog owners and food lovers. We will return for sure

Room Tip: If you have a dog go for at least the superior double - very big. There was even one room with a sit...

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We have been to numerous hotels in the New Forest but this is by far our favourite. The setting is so peaceful that we find we wind down from London almost as soon as we arrive. We have stayed in 3 different rooms and each one has lovely decor. It is very dog friendly so we always feel comfortable bringing our dog. The food is excellent with the breakfast being freshly cooked and providing a good variety.

The lawn outside is a great place to have morning coffee or a pre-dinner drink.

The staff couldn't have made us more welcome - thank you especially to Tom for looking after us so well.

We will definitely be back soon.

Clara & John

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed here for a few nights whilst having some treatment in Southampton. We had a lovely stay here, in the middle of the new forest. The rooms were very clean, light and airy. The breakfast was great and also the evening meals.
I would highly recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: We had a standard which was fine but if u can afford an upgrade it is probably even better!
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed here for one night.

Idyllic setting and ideal for my stay in the Southampton area. As it was a warm night I had the window open, it was really quiet and peaceful.

The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, just brilliant.

The room I had, number 5, was fine. The shower and bathroom could do with freshening up but they were clean. That's the only thing stopping me from putting an Excellent rating.

I checked in late so didn't have dinner but the English breakfast was awesome served in a very impressive dining room.

I'd definitely return to the hotel.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

I booked an Evening Meal for my Wife's Birthday last Thursday (13-06) and as soon as we arrived we were treated to such kindness and courtesy it was so refreshing. Lianna and Guy, who is the tallest waiter I've ever seen, were both professional and very knowledgable in regard to our menu choices and we felt totally at ease in their company. Chef Sammy performed miracles in the kitchen and we were both in awe of taste, texture and presentation of our food. Not much silences my wife but this culinary experience did and I'm glad I made the right choice in booking a table here. I can't wait until we return in August!!! Many thank you'd to everyone at the Woodlands Lodge, see you soon!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed at Woodlands Lodge on Monday 17th June. The staff here are very friendly and will go out of their way to help you, unlike many hotels we've stayed in they seem genuinely interested in their guests.
Our room was comfortable and well equipped with a large bathroom and plenty of storage but its the food that made our stay exceptional. We sat in the comfortable conservatory to make our selection from the menu and were called when our table was ready, fresh baked hot rolls with plump juicy olives, dipping oil with balsamic vinegar were served while we chatted over a glass of wine, followed by an amuse bouche of cream of cauliflower soup with truffle oil. The three courses that followed were impeccably seasoned, well presented and delicious all served in a friendly, unobtrusive manner. We particularly recommend pea risotto as a starter and duck breast with citrus slices as a main course. We moved to the lounge where we enjoyed a cafetiere of hot, fresh coffee.
The following morning breakfast was again a delicious meal with plentiful toast and coffee, eggs fresh from the chickens in the gardens and polite friendly service.
Our only complaint was that our bed was uncomfortable but we will return...and its not often we say that about any hotel.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Had my second stay at Woodlands this week. I had one of the cheaper rooms (room 2), which was better than the most expensive rooms in many of the hotels I stay in. Lots of space and a great bathroom with huge walk-in shower. Terrific breakfast and relaxed but attentive service. Like Arnie, I'll be back. Bravo Woodlands Lodge!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodlands
The Crown Manor House Hotel
#7 of 10 in Brockenhurst
Cottage Lodge Hotel
Cottage Lodge Hotel
#1 of 10 in Brockenhurst

Been to Woodlands Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!