The New Forest Inn
$104
The White Rabbit(Lyndhurst)
$92
  • Restaurant
Penny Farthing Hotel(Lyndhurst)(Great Value!)
$109
$200
$193
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnew forestthe pubgreat foodsunday roaststeak and ale piefriendly servicespecials boardlovely placefeel very welcomechickenbooked a tablemy partnerlovely meallong timepuddingreal aleseveral times
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This was a last minute booking for an overnight stay. As other reviewers have said, the food was very good indeed - we both had lovely fish dishes and some good, reasonably priced wine. Wide menu, nice atmosphere and very friendly staff.

Our room was fairly shabby though and the bathroom (just a few steps across the hall) was very old fashioned. Some of the bedroom furniture was broken, the lamp bulbs weren't working and the room was generally not somewhere you'd want to spend much time. The bed was comfy though and it was lovely to look out of the window the next morning to see the forest.

A huge plus point was its position - right in the forest - and waking up to that was lovely.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We decided to go out for lunch at the last minute - week normally go locally to a restaurant but my husband fancied something in the forest, and this did not disappoint.

I am very truthful in my reports ( see others ) and I have to say his was one of the best meals I have had outside of my comfort factor.

The lunch was superb, we were really looked after even as a lunchtime guest and the food was very good although I have to say they are very generous portions.

We are considering staying in the lovely advertised accommodation sometime in the future and will bring friends to eat with us. Lovely atmosphere, a great experience for someone even local or visiting from further parts, you will not be disappointed. Staff are really accommodating and friendly. Someone has got it right in this pub/restaurant.

Thank you - we really enjoyed it !!

Chrystianne

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We had a superb meal at the new forest inn. It is set in an ideal location,just outside lyndhurst,It is well run by the same family that own the Trusty Servant in Minstead.The atmosphere is homely,and they serve good food and some great real ales.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve B
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I highly anticipate visits to the "New Forest Inn", as it never disappoints. I can always count on a good time in a warm and inviting atmosphere, no matter if I come alone or with groups of friends. The beautiful backdrop of the New Forest make this pub one of the last of its kind, with its locally sourced ales, through to its consistently outstanding traditional pub meals. They also offer occasional live entertainment and the famous "Sausage and Cider" festival, you always feel welcome. Even if its a quiet outing with a partner, or a few drinks with a social group, to me, this accommodating establishment truly is one of the last "proper" country english pubs.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I have stayed in The New Forest Inn many times over the past five years, and every time has been a lovely experience. The atmosphere in the pub is homely and welcoming; the décor is traditional and warm. Every member of staff I have encountered has been polite, friendly and hardworking. The managers and owners clearly work very hard to make The New Forest Inn a wonderful place to drink, eat and stay. I fail to understand how previous reviewers have had an unpleasant experience at The New Forest Inn and I can assure any future customers that these unsatisfactory visits are anything but a common occurrence. I would recommend The New Forest Inn to anyone, from couples, families, friends or a solo break.

1  Thank L0rna_23