“The new forest inn emery down”
Review of The New Forest Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Emery Down
The New Forest Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Emery Down B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We decided to go out for lunch at the last minute - week normally go locally to a restaurant but my husband fancied something in the forest, and this did not disappoint.

I am very truthful in my reports ( see others ) and I have to say his was one of the best meals I have had outside of my comfort factor.

The lunch was superb, we were really looked after even as a lunchtime guest and the food was very good although I have to say they are very generous portions.

We are considering staying in the lovely advertised accommodation sometime in the future and will bring friends to eat with us. Lovely atmosphere, a great experience for someone even local or visiting from further parts, you will not be disappointed. Staff are really accommodating and friendly. Someone has got it right in this pub/restaurant.

Thank you - we really enjoyed it !!

Chrystianne

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The New Forest Inn

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We had a superb meal at the new forest inn. It is set in an ideal location,just outside lyndhurst,It is well run by the same family that own the Trusty Servant in Minstead.The atmosphere is homely,and they serve good food and some great real ales.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve B
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I highly anticipate visits to the "New Forest Inn", as it never disappoints. I can always count on a good time in a warm and inviting atmosphere, no matter if I come alone or with groups of friends. The beautiful backdrop of the New Forest make this pub one of the last of its kind, with its locally sourced ales, through to its consistently outstanding traditional pub meals. They also offer occasional live entertainment and the famous "Sausage and Cider" festival, you always feel welcome. Even if its a quiet outing with a partner, or a few drinks with a social group, to me, this accommodating establishment truly is one of the last "proper" country english pubs.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I have stayed in The New Forest Inn many times over the past five years, and every time has been a lovely experience. The atmosphere in the pub is homely and welcoming; the décor is traditional and warm. Every member of staff I have encountered has been polite, friendly and hardworking. The managers and owners clearly work very hard to make The New Forest Inn a wonderful place to drink, eat and stay. I fail to understand how previous reviewers have had an unpleasant experience at The New Forest Inn and I can assure any future customers that these unsatisfactory visits are anything but a common occurrence. I would recommend The New Forest Inn to anyone, from couples, families, friends or a solo break.

1  Thank L0rna_23
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I have been to The New Forest Inn several times now and have always found it a thoroughly pleasurable experience. Whether it be for a night out with the girls, a lovely meal which is always top notch or a lazy sunday afternoon with my kids, this place has it all.

So if you want to experience quality food, ales and good old hospitality then I cant recomend this place enough.

Enjoy :)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This is a great pub, that does excellent food and set in the heart of the beautiful new forest. Staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly and the room clean and comfortable. I have nothing but positive things to say about this dog-friendly Inn. My wife and I, along with our Newfoundland dog, will definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My daughter and I spent the night this past weekend. The staff are friendly and helpful, there is a large menu to select from and the portions are very generous. The Inn is situated within walking distance of the forest and the rooms are comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
#10 of 10 in Brockenhurst
Woodlands Lodge Hotel
Woodlands Lodge Hotel
#2 of 2 in Woodlands

Been to The New Forest Inn? Share your experiences!