“Average at most”

New Forest Wildlife Park
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Ashurst
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy the amazing animals at this beautiful park, in the leafy New Forest, with its fabulous adventure playgrounds. Follow the woodland trails to see wallaby, European bison, wolves, wild boar, Scottish wildcats, lynx, foxes, pine marten, polecats, owls and ferrets. Meet the friendly deer and say hi to the playful otters, including the endangered giant otter. Feeding sessions, keeper talks and special events year round. Amazing playgrounds for under 6's and from 6yrs to 86yrs!!!
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We were at the wildlife park last weekend and overall were not very impressed.

We arrived at round 10.30 and left by 12.00 (which probably gives an indication of how much we enjoyed!) I think the tickets are overpriced for what is on offer.

Firstly the good points:
- Otters are the star attraction and if you can go during the feeding time, you will enjoy it.
- The butterfly enclosure is interesting and you get to see many varieties of butterflies
- Deer enclosure is not too bad.. There were a few and quite friendly so you can pet them if you wish

Other than the above, we did see some Owls, ferrets, small rats and Pigs.

Bad Points:
- You could not really see any other animals! I think they are very Shy ! Very disappointing as the website list a lot more animals than what we were able to see!

1  Thank speedyLK

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have been going to the New Forest Wildlife Park for over 10 years and this time was no exception, I had an absolutely wonderful time where I was there doing a 'Keeper for the day' which was worth every penny and a fantastic experience. The Keeper I was with was amazingly friendly and very kind, she introduced me to all the other keepers there also who were very friendly! I got to experience feeding the otters and many other animals up close. Also had lots of fun helping out where I could. The day was made even better when I was asked if I would like to stay an extra 3/4 of an hour to help with the last public feedings of the day for no extra charge, which was extremely kind to be offered to do so! I would love to do it again! I would 100% recommend anyone to do the 'Keeper for the day' or just visit as its a beautiful place with lots of wonderful animals and staff!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Such a nice place to visit. We had a wonderful day out. Even though it was busy there were still plenty of quiet places to sit and enjoy the park. The staff could not have been nicer, they were friendly and able to answer all our questions, all very knowledgeable and happy to help. It was so nice to see a park run for the benefit of wildlife. We saw loads of animals and were utterly charmed by the otters! I consider the entry price to be very reasonable considering what I imagine it costs to run the park. A real gem.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We visited as a party of 7 on the 30th August 2013 and the staff were brilliant and understanding. They explained where we could not take the guide dog and why. This did not bother us in the slightest as we fully understood the restrictions which were well explained, in depth by a keeper, we just wanted the kids to see everything. They did not charge for my husband who is visually impaired or myself as access was limited. We spent about 5 hours there. Play area is magnificent, don't miss the butterfly house and I strongly recommend the feeding times if you want to know anything about the wildlife they home.
Well done to your dedicated, customer focussed team and thank you.
Reigate family.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Nice park but too expensive for a half day outing. The otters were the star of the show and the children enjoyed patting the deer, who were very friendly, but many animals were not seen. We had a glimpse of the lynx but not the wolves which was disappointing. The two children's play areas are excellent but the toddlers area is a long way from the older children's area and this was a problem for us with a range of ages.
We probably won't go again, but more because of the price than anything else.