“Great afternoon out”

New Forest Wildlife Park
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Ashurst
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy the amazing animals at this beautiful park, in the leafy New Forest, with its fabulous adventure playgrounds. Follow the woodland trails to see wallaby, European bison, wolves, wild boar, Scottish wildcats, lynx, foxes, pine marten, polecats, owls and ferrets. Meet the friendly deer and say hi to the playful otters, including the endangered giant otter. Feeding sessions, keeper talks and special events year round. Amazing playgrounds for under 6's and from 6yrs to 86yrs!!!
Petersfield, UK
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 165 helpful votes
“Great afternoon out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Visited the New Forest Wildlife Park on an overcast Sunday afternoon. Although it was Father's Day, I was pleased that the park was by no means crowded.

We were fortunate in being able to see lots of different animals, the chattering otters and the friendly deer were the highlight of the visit. The childrens adventure area was great for the younger member of our party too.

There were several members of staff visible, and they were both friendly and approachable.

The park seems clean, the animals appear very well cared for.

All in all a really good visit and I recommend it if you are in the area.

Poole, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“2nd visit and planning a 3rd”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

We love this place. The staff are informative and passionate about thr conservation of the species they care for. It was a delight watching the otters being fed! My personal favourite was the wolves they have. Fairly priced at around £10 per adult, I would recommend!

Visited February 2013
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Fantastic day out for everyone; even the adults!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Me, my sister and my two daughters; aged 3 and 1, visit the New Forest Wildlife Park atleast twice a month as we enjoy it so much. Would recommend buying the season pass as it is only £40 per adult and a single visit is £10.50 an adult, if you purchase your ticket and then decide to buy a season pass they will then refund your entry price for the day.

There is a cafe on site which serves healthy food; no chips or friend junk! Jacket potatos, toasties, soup, cakes and baugettes. Decent food for a reasonable price.

The park is set among woodland, and whilst there are enclosures for the animals, and park areas the wildlife park still keeps a wood-like-feel. The walk ways are shaded which is very nice in the sun. There are two park areas, one for under 6's and the over for adults and over 6's. The under 6's has a fantasic and well equipped sand pit which is huge! My daughters spend hours here. The majority of the equipment in the parks are made from wood, adding to a natural feel of the park.
The general setting of the park could not be better, providing you with an extremely relaxed atmosphere. Whilst there is a small range of animals here, mainly otters, they are very well cared for and there are regular feeding times which can be viewed by customers where there is always a member of staff willing to answer questions and give information.
There is an area called "deer encounter" this is my daugthers favourite as you get hands on experience with the deer, she loves it and they are extremely friendly!

I live in Basingstoke which is arounf 40 minute drive from the park and happily choose this park over any simular ones in my area which are cheaper and closer, frankly because the complete experience is fantastic and is a day out that both me and the children thoroughly enjoy. Absolutely recommend to anyone with children, or without, as I see many couples and groups of adults. I was also like to add that it is always quiet, and still appears so when there are many cars in the car park, I personally love this as it is away from all the crowds!

1 Thank CharlotteMcC0y
Southampton, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Regular visitor - Great family attraction”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have been taking my daughter to the new forest wild life park regularly for over three years, We have always found it to be well maintained, the animal have always looked happy. I have seen comments made by others ref size of Owl enclosure, owl enclosure are generally small wherever you go as owl like to conserve energy, and don’t want to fly around wasting energy. Go to the Hawk Conservancy, Paultons Park or Marwell zoo and compare. We have always found the keeper well informed, friendly with the animals welfare as their top priority. Watch how the animal react to the keepers they are always happy to see them.

The larger animal enclosures are big, sometimes you do not see some of the larger animals (lynx, wolfs, wild boar) if they do not want to see you, and want space on their own, I would advise you do not rush your time at the park, go and see something else and come back later, and more than likely you will see then. I would also advise you note when feeding times are for animals like the lynx, which are well advertised around the park.

The play grounds are excellent but they are just an added bonus. My daughter had here 4th birthday party there with 11 of her friends who all loved it. When asked what was your favourite part she replied "all of it".

I would highly recommend and we will continue to go there regularly.

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great local day out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Was an awesome time out. And not to far for us too travel. Staff were friendly and approachable. And open to answer our questions. Saw lots of staff about. Watering and feeding the animals. Dotty the deer was our highlight we and the children loved her so tame and friendly. Only thibg we didnt try was the cafe. But everything else was a great day out.