“Great Day out”

New Forest Wildlife Park
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Ashurst
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy the amazing animals at this beautiful park, in the leafy New Forest, with its fabulous adventure playgrounds. Follow the woodland trails to see wallaby, European bison, wolves, wild boar, Scottish wildcats, lynx, foxes, pine marten, polecats, owls and ferrets. Meet the friendly deer and say hi to the playful otters, including the endangered giant otter. Feeding sessions, keeper talks and special events year round. Amazing playgrounds for under 6's and from 6yrs to 86yrs!!!
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The New Forest is only 40 minutes from our home but is great for a day out. Lovely towns like Lyndhurst, Lymington and many beautiful villages means it has something for everyone. Our favourite is Lyndhurst which has some lovely individual shops, tearooms etc......even if you simply want a drive through the forest and admire the ponies it is wonderful

There are newer reviews for New Forest Wildlife Park

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great to get back in touch with nature. New Forest is a world apart from London. We didn't see as many animals as I would have liked but to be back out in nature was lovely. Be wary when driving because apart from the cows, horses crossing whenever they feel like it. You will need to be extra careful to watch out for your turn off because there a very small signposts and they are easy to miss!
Take a portable BBQ with you as you are welcome to do so in the national parks, which is a nice backdrop.
Had cream Tea in Lyndhurst, very average. It's full of tourist shops and perhaps that makes the quality of food suffer. Make sure to pick one off the back street and away from the high.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have a terrier and he loves puddles, mud and horse poo. the New forest offers as much of all of those to make any doggies day. my husband and I have spent more happy hours than I can count walking through this beautiful area, whether it is woodland or open grassy areas. there are lots of car parks as you drive along so we can find new spots to adventure in.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Great value for money. The zoo was packed! Obviously a popular choice for all ages. Wonderfully set out and landscaped. Lots of staff on hand who were very informative and the feeding times for various animals is a delight. Was a pleasure to see the giant otters, wolves, lynx and the bison. I've been to this wildlife park a few times, but this was my first visit since the opening of the new playgrounds which are amazing! Great activities for kids, and great for expelling their energy!
Definitely worth a visit if you go to the New Forest.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I've spent 4 days at the park this year each time with a different group of people while I assist them with their photography. While I won't speak for them, as a group(s) we all had a good day, and the staff that we spoke with were all friendly and helpful.

One of the reasons I like it so much is simply because it's not the big commercial giant of the larger zoo's. I've watched the builds of the two childrens play areas this year, which the kids seem to love. Both seem excellent quality and really well done.

It does need more moose though!