“Great food”

Asha Bangladeshi Cuisine
Ranked #3 of 8 Restaurants in Ashurst
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European, Bangladeshi
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
southampton
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Not too expensive and really enjoyed the variety of dishes on the menu. Excellent Peshwari Naan! If you go with friends choose a selection of dishes to allow tasting as they are very good. Great service and good value made this a great night out.

Visited September 2012

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Consistently good !!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We visit Asha fairly frequently , and I have to say the fantastict food along with the friendly and attentive staff always make our evenings just that little bit better than your run of the mill Indian / Bangledeshi Resturant, well done to all at Ashsa you've definetly got our vote, Try this place folks you won't be dissapointed

Visited August 2013
“Excellent Meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Having been recommended I was really looking forward to our visit to Asha in Ashurst.

The restaurant is smart and the service attentive and professional and very warm.

We were impressed by the quality and taste of the dishes; it was excellent starting with the popadoms and pickles. My Mixed Kebabs starter was great value - for £3.90 I got Shami kebab, sheek kebab and onion bhaji with a side salad, sauces and lemon - excellent, as was my wife's Prawn Puri which she claimed was the best she'd ever eaten. I could have said the same for my Balti Chicken Tikka Jalfrezi served with Rice. A very generous size the chicken was succulent and the sauce delicious - its now my favourite Indian dish rated as one of the best I've ever had. My wife chose Jhinga Masala which was extremely tasty along with the beautifully seasoned pillau rice and plain nan bread. A great meal!!! We will be back..

• Visited April 2013
portsmouth
“Not good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Visited here with my wife on Saturday after being recommended it, wish I hadn't listened though. Booked a table at 1900 for 2100 only to arrive and them have no record of it so not a good start. Just like a lot of Indian restaurants the seating is just in one row so when we were seated we felt like we were encrouching on the other couples meal.

Had an onion bhaji for starters which I do have to say was probably the nicest I have ever tasted. Showing promise then our main arrived. Both the Lamb and chicken were tough and far too chewy. My curry was advertised as fairly hot with a rich taste, what taste I say. It was far too hot and sadly tasteless. The food was so poor that I think there was more left than I'd eaten. Beer wasn't too badly priced though so that was one plus.

One other thing to note is that even though we were only half way through our poppadoms they came and removed all the sauces from the table without even asking if we'd finished. Worst was still to come on awakening the following morning, I know we all joke that sorry I had an Indian last night but this morning has been no joke for my wife or me.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank The_Tucker3
Southampton, United Kingdom
“A good curry house”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Asha gives a very good meal and friendly service. In a 15 mile radius I would say it is about tops of the available indian restaurants. Have dined there and had takeaways on a number of occassions and the food is great, I think better in 2012/13 than it was in 2011/12. Quantity is also good.

• Visited December 2012