“Good cream tea”

The Cider Pantry
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Burley
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Good cream tea”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Whilst taking a friend for a trip in the New forest I looked for somewhere to have a cream tea.
Found the Cider Pantry in a web search. Details of cream teas a little limited. Great asset was that this place was just outside the very busy main part of the village.
Tea was very good. Only after we had paid did we realise that the main seating area inside, and out was at the back. Also a small cider (and other things) shop, geese and chickens. Lovely spot. The B/B accommodation looked good. Would be a good place to stay to explore the area.

Visited August 2012

Stone, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Proper home cooked good quality food!”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Had a weekend in burley and went to The Cider Pantry ... The food selection was lovely from 4 choices of ploughmans with an option of their homemade cider and a selection of great light bites to great hearty meals. We ended up having lunch and breakfast the next day ! I would strongly recommend a visit as the food is cooked very well and excellent quality ! A must try is the ploughmans and their very own cider from their own cider farm and from their brunch menu a must are the breakfast pancakes ! Amazing food.. Amazing location and Amazing staff !

Fordingbridge, United Kingdom
“VERY VERY GOOD FOOD”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I recently went to the Cider Pantry along with a Tourism Group. We were given a talk on cider making by Barry Topp. We then had a superb light lunch in the Cider Pantry. The food was very good indeed (NB I am an ex caterer). We all had ploughman's lunches which were served on large wooden platters. Most of the food was locally sourced (New Forest Marque). There was either gammon or local cheeses, served with pickles, picallili, pickled onion, fresh chunk of tasty bread. We drank either their own bottled cider or apple juice. Afterwards, we were served home made cider apple scones with individual jars of home made jam & clotted cream. Everything was top quality. I believe that The Cider Pantry has only recently re-opened. They thoroughly deserve to do well.
I can thoroughly recommend a visit.
I collected some menus for my self catering cottages in Fordingbridge & see that they serve breakfasts, lunches & afternoon teas.

• Visited July 2012
Nottingham, England
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy food + interesting veggie/children's menus = happy customers :)”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I grew up in the New Forest and Burley has a fond place in my heart and although I now live 3 hrs away, I return fairly often. What a lovely new place to eat! I'm so pleased the Cider Pantry has opened its doors...and we'll be back to try the yummy looking breakfast menu next time.

I'm a carnivore and enjoyed my bangers, but two of my best friends are vegetarian so I always scour menus as if they were with me. I've let them know about the fab dishes on the menus. And I was impressed by the little portion versions of meals offered to my ever hungry toddler... he's not a lover of 'chips with everything' and likes proper food, so we were both well fed and happy by the time we left. Smiles all round.

PS Please don't be daft and feed the horses or donkeys.

• Visited June 2012