“Outstanding curry, excellent service”
Review of Monaf's

Monaf's
Ranked #5 of 30 Restaurants in Hampton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 26, 2017 via mobile

What a gem. My friend and I went there for a takeaway. The meat was so tender and lean, really good flavours and the staff were so friendly. Really was the best karahi lamb I ever had!

2  Thank james2910

Reviewed May 29, 2017 via mobile

After looking for a curry house to visit we decided to go to Monaf's after reading positive reviews.

Sadly, my experience of Monaf's was contrary to much of the complimentary recognition they have received.

Firstly, the waiter was rude, ignorant and dismissive. We felt uncomfortable the moment we stepped foot into Monaf's due to a lack of a courteous welcome from the waiter. Throughout the time in the restaurant he did his job in a sub standard way , such as not being attentive and generally lacking any enthusiasm.

We later ordered some drinks. I was told that the only wine they offer by glass is one house red and one house white, which I found to be a bizarre policy. It meant effectively any other wine could only be bought by the bottle.

The next uncomfortable moment was when a staff member came over with what they claimed was a faulty card machine and they told us we would only be able to pay in cash. The message displayed looked like a hoax (error message was spelt incorrectly and looked like they had purposefully doctored the message), this made us wonder whether they were pulling a fast one to get cash in hand. It felt sinister and was only put on us after we had ordered drinks.

The most disappointing part of the experience was when we ordered some popadoms. They were stale and came with remnant chutneys that appeared as though had been used by other customers and topped up. The waiter conceded that he had knowingly brought us stale popadoms, which is nothing short of disgraceful.

At this point we left. This was without an apology from the staff for an evening that wouldn't have looked out of place in a Fawlty Towers sketch.

In short don't come all the way to Hampton Hill to visit this place, there are miles better places in neighbouring Twickenham, without the creepiness!

3  Thank Traveler603511
Reviewed March 29, 2017

Indian cuisine is an integral part of British culture. There are MANY Indian cuisine establishments in London, with each one being "the best" according to any local. Monaf's however, I feel, has set the standard higher than any other place I've been to. Their food is quite simply the best flavour and quality of any Indian cuisine I have visited.
Honestly, they have become a staple of mine, a Sunday dinner from Monaf's blows the Sunday blues away. Two vegetarian thumbs WAY up!

1  Thank Alastair T
Reviewed December 19, 2016 via mobile

The food is good and quality is also good. However , what is missing here in comparison to the sheesh mahal is a friendly front of house reception.
The friendliness and welcoming here is absent.
They could learn a lot from their sister restaurant.
If they got it right here then I would have marked it as 5, food is not everything , ambience and the attitude of staff make a big difference

Reviewed December 6, 2016

Came here looking at the excellent reviews but was appalled by the service, they were everywhere but not taking orders at the table. After a while when the orders were finally taken, it was the start of a long wait, finally when the food arrived we were starving.
Not authentic Indian food but a Bangladeshi restaurant and what you get is run of the mill currie, what I meant was both our lamb and chicken dishes had the same sauce and moreover tasted exactly the same! There is a real need of a proper curry house in Hampton and till that place happens here, I'll visit neighboring areas for a better curry.