“Pretty Good”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We visited this pub a couple of weeks ago and having lived in the area for 10 years should really have been here before. We had a spatchcock chicken and the pork, onion rings and fries. The food was well cooked with the chicken still moist and plenty of well cooked fries. The park was well cooked but the onion rings were a bit of a mix. The Indian spices we good and unusual but the rings were very oily and a bit greasy. Overall pretty good food.

The service was really good, we were greater by a slightly shy waiter who showed us to our table and was very attentive. Our drinks were served quickly as was the bill so all in all a good experience.

This was a good meal which was slightly let down by the onion rings but I would definitely go back as the food was pretty good and the service equally so.

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

I really want to love this place. It is is well-presented, the staff are friendly, the beer is good, and the ladies loos are (at last) clean and well-stocked.
But...we had to wait ages for our food, as usual, and had to send food and coffee back to be heated up.

2  Thank Maggie L
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stopped into the Bell Inn on a whim, I was pleasantly surprised to see the modern ‘bistro’ interior and large decking in the back. The pub was reasonably busy but our drinks and food were served fairly quickly. I really enjoyed lunch, I opted for a Mediterranean stack which was incredibly filling and the goats cheese was lovely. I suspect their food is much better than many of the pubs in the area so I would definitely go back. It’s a lovely riverside location so afterwards you can walk by the river to work off the large portions.

1  Thank LondonMyOpinion
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My first visit had great hopes given the sign outside saying one of top 50 Gasto Pubs in the UK. Worse meal I have had out for a long time, even now the day after I can't believe how bad it was.I complained they didn't seem to care.Our waiter was new and made quite a few mistakes I can forgive that, but not the food particularly at the prices they charge. The only positive was the wine.

4  Thank Paul82013
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Sitting outside today was not an option because of the rain, but we have done that before and it is very pleasant .
Today we just wanted a quick evening meal so I ordered the hake and chips. I'm not normally keen on battered fish but this was very nice. Crispy, light batter and hand cut chips. My husband had the leek and chicken tart. It was fine, but he expected to see a small open tart and instead got a slice of what looked like pie. It was still tasty.
Over all I would be happy to go back and the service was good, the waitresses very pleasant.

1  Thank nbalwaystravel