“Delicious food”

Giftos Lahore Karahi
Ranked #10 of 92 Restaurants in Southall
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Pakistani
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

If you wish to read an accurate and professional review of this restaurant then Jay Rayner said it better than I can on 17 Nov 2001 in The Guardian - look it up. It hasn't changed. The curried lamb and the tandoori mixed grill are outstanding. Format is hectic, laminate long tables, soft drinks - but you feel comfortable. Service was fast and the food was freshly cooked. On the last visit the bill came to £52 for four. Have been twice in the last three months - we live 40 miles away. I don't know anywhere that compares in my neck of the woods. Definitely worth a journey. It's difficult to believe that some reviewers can rate this place lower than five stars - I wonder whether they've actually visited or their motives.

• Visited October 2013

London, UK
“Nothing more than Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Having had an evening meal here a few years back and not been too impressed, I visited again recently at lunchtime with a friend whilst shopping in the area to see if things had improved.

We were seated quite quickly and left with menus. The waiter returned after a few minutes to take our drinks order (only soft drinks served here) and then no sign of him returning for absolutely ages. We had arrived shortly after 12 and there was only 1 other table occupied but there seemed to be countless staff wandering around. It was quite hard to get their attention to place an order. It was a bit annoying then that the place started filling up and only then were we able to get a waiter's attention. We also had to ask for our plates to be changed as they weren't clean.

My friend and I found the food to be very average on the whole. I thought the Pani Puri (£3.00)was the most tasteless Pani Puri I've had the misfortune to have in any restaurant ever. Other items we had included Sheekh Kebab (£3.00), Karahi Chicken (at £8.20 VERY overpriced for what it was), Tandoori Roti (£1.10) and Stuffed Paratha (£1.10). The Tandoori Roti was like a biscuit and I was pretty disappointed with the whole experience. We had Mango Lassi to drink which was priced at £2.60 each and had to request ice for this as it was quite lukewarm when served and had the consistency almost of ice cream.

Complimentary salad was provided which was a nice touch as well as various sauces in bottles and these were really necessary as the food was really bland for supposedly Indian food.

The restaurant got pretty full during our meal but we didn't understand why. It must be for people who have nothing better to do as the service is quite slow and it certainly wouldn't be suitable if you worked in the area and were popping in on your lunch break.

The toilets are fairly clean for a restaurant of this sort although there were bits of toilet paper on the floor and it was not evident that the toilets are checked regularly.

Disabled access seems to be available although some of the tables are so close together that a wheelchair would have difficulty fitting.

Overall I do not believe this is a good value for money restaurant nor do I feel this is authentic Indian (or Pakistani) food and being of Indian origin I know the difference between authentic and not! The restaruant seems to employ a lot of waiting staff but they're clearly not very well trained and not very good at making eye contact with customers which is a reason I'm unlikely to visit again.

• Visited July 2013
“Great taste and clean!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Typically, if you ate looking for authentic Pakistani food the restaurants toilets are likely to be filthy, tables greasy, with glassware you would find at home.

Giftos however I found to be quite clean with presentable interior. Staff are kept in their toes due to it being busy all hours and fast turn over if tables.

The food tastes great and is good value for money.

London, United Kingdom
“Real curry reasonable price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

This restaurant has a buzzing atmosphere & is guaranteed to be busy on most nights. These guys understand how to make authentic currys. The best lamb gosht I have ever tasted. Excellent value for money.

Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Original authentic indian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

If your tired of your typical local indian restaurant serving you what you think is authentic indian food. Then take a trip to southall in west london where you will find in my opinion some of londons most authentic indian restaurants. Giftos Lahore located in old southall a few doors down from mcdonalds offers a lively genuine ambience with the best currys & grilled meat dishes I have ever tasted. Table service is all ways quick, menu is simple with plenty of choice & prices are very reasonable.

Visited September 2013