“embarassing service after evacuation hotel due to nearby fire”
Review of Mehfil Hotel

Mehfil Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Southall
Reviewed March 11, 2013

have been aregular guest there because convenient location. Spent there few nights last month when a fire broke out in the area. Police ordered evacuation of the hotel....everybody on the street, no counting of people and no guidance of the hotel for alternative accomodation, freezing cold too...in the end, i found myself accomodation in a premier inn nearby payable at own cost. When returning to Mehfil, I could wite +give evidence of my alternative hotel accomodation + a quick refund wouldn't be any problem.....3 weeks later and few call later no refund + always given vague information over the phone. So heavily complaining about this + really worrying about the safety in this hotel. last people from the hotel even hung up when enquiring about the refund ( althoug immediate refund had been promised )

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Philippe T

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I was here in January with my family.location is very good and food was also lovely.staff was very friendly. cleaning was bit issue for me but overall Good time...plus point is it's near to train station Southall.I'll def. come back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sunpreet10
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This hotel is located just a couple of hundred yards from Southall train station. 15-20 mins maximum and you are at Paddington in London, ( about £5.60 return). It has a large free car park which is securely locked between 12-7am. They are more than happy for you to leave your car and venture into town.
The rooms are simply furnished with the basics( tea,coffee, television etc). The bed was clean and very comfortable. Ensuite was a good size and toiletries provided. Even though I was at the front, road noise was a minimum and didn't keep me awake.
The hotel has an accompanying restaurant which I sadly didn't get a chance to sample but at breakfast I opted for the Full Indian!, I will not spoil the surprise but the tastes were excellent which made me even more annoyed I missed the evening meal.
I would give the hotel an extra star if they included wifi with the package, currently it is chargeable. I think in this day and age it can't cost the earth for such a small plus point.Overall though the hotel offers great value, good amenities with friendly staff....

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Spongegod
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stay here several times a year. The last 2 times it has been really noisy at night and although we have told the staff not very much has been done about this.

We stayed in November 2012, this was the last night time, hoping to spend two nights. My other half book it and requested a room as we are regulars.

We were unable to get the requested room and were placed in 207. Unfortunately the guy in 206 was very noisy with t.v./music and we had to get up twice and ask him to turn it down, once after midnight. There was nobody on the desk to sort out despite going down in my night clothes. Also, guests staying in rooms opposite were calling to each other along the corridor between around 11.30 and fire doors kept slamming. To top it all, cab drivers and guests were congregating at the lower back doors to the restaurant, making it impossible to sleep at 11.20pm. A terrible night for £59.00

The hotel does not have anybody on the reception late at night. We had to sort out our problems ourself, by knocking on our neighbours door and also leaning out of the window and asking others to please be quiet. Thankfully, finally with me and my otherhalf complaining this did resolve our problem, but we shouldn't have had to do this.

As we had 2 days break from work, we usually come here to enjoy a short break but on this occasion this was not meant to be. The previous occasion we experienced a power cut and people moaning in the corridor when we had a flight the next day.

The reception, restaurant and cleaning staff are polite and welcoming however. Restaurant food good. Nevertheless, I have now on 2 occasions tried to contact the owner of the hotel as I base my stay on the quality of my sleep at night and neither of us slept. I haven't to this day had a reply from him. I wasn't necessarily complaining but thought that he might like to know since we are regulars and wondered if anything could be resolved during nights like this. An apology would have been nice.

We were not offered a refund or apology, though we had been offered a change of room to a smaller one on the 3rd floor, instead we decided to come home for a rest.

Very disappointing, so we will not be staying so often, so we will only stay when we need to.

Such a shame since the hotel staff are pleasant.

Rooms ok, beds uncomfortable, shower or bath in rooms. New duvets an excellent idea replacing the old caramel coloured blankets. Carpets damaged in some rooms in need of changing.

If you do stay here, I suggest that some rooms at back are noisy. I usually choose the back thinking it would be quiet but maybe front is quieter or on the top floor, though if you are tall the ceilings are a little lower.

I will therefore give 3 for customer service, but that is because of the staff there who work so hard to make it a pleasant place to stay. Though I am disappointed not to have received a reply from the management.

Thank you Sneha, Prasad, Fahim and breakfast manager who usually help to make our stay a good one. Unfortunately, on the last 2 occasions hasn't quite cut the mustard.

Room Tip: I will try to avoid rooms over the back doors as customers frequent the restaurant leave after their...
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is in an excellent location for Heathrow. Rooms are good value for money with all necessary facilities: hairdryer, iron, tv, tea and coffee, fan etc. Staff are very friendly and welcoming. Lovely downstairs indian restaurant, serving one of the best curries we have ever had! Car park to the rear is also used by restaurant visitors so can be busy.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Tashter
Reviewed November 24, 2012

The hotel is founded in a traditional looking square building which looks almost a hundred years old from outside but as we visited in Nov 2012 it looks newly renovated. Rooms are middle sized and without any luxurious look but still have everything you need for a short stay, bed sheets are clean, walls are newly painted, rooms are with an LCD TV, Tea & coffee making facility and Iron with Ironing table; in a low price category this hotel really offers more than what you pay. Bath rooms are very small but clean. Shower runs out of hot water or its too hot to adjust, Hotel offers you breakfast in its own restaurant. The only thing I don’t like about the hotel is restaurant staff is showing very unfriendly and unpleasant behavior towards the hotel guests. The hotel enjoys a good location, almost 2 -3 minute walk from Southall Station and surrounded by shops area, specially groceries and convenient stores for daily needs. The Hotel is a good choice if you don’t want to stay in London downtown. This is an Asian area and almost 10 minutes to Paddington (down town) by train from Southall Station.

2  Thank Zishan J
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We visited the restaurant this lunchtime with our cut price Groupon... Now, normally in my experience when you visit a restaurant with a cut price coupon you get treated as a 2nd class customer... Not here! We were treated with an outstanding level of customer care - we were made to feel most welcome. This set the scene for what turned out to be probably one of the highest standards of Indian cuisine I have ever tasted (I have 30+ years of India experience)! It is a shame I didn't order more Groupons at the time - but no matter I am happy to return here and pay the full price! I will be booking and introducing a couple of friends to this place in a couple of weeks - well done Mehfil - you have won me over!

2  Thank Melvynburchell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southall
1 mi away
#18 of 22 in Hounslow
The Bridge Hotel
The Bridge Hotel
#2 of 2 in Greenford

Been to Mehfil Hotel? Share your experiences!