“very nice experience”

Raunka Punjab Diyan
Ranked #1 of 98 Restaurants in Southall
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Have a little taster we captivate the eyes of visitor at very 1st glance. We created the desired authentic look, every aspect of the decor contributes to the look of rural India( PIND). The whole atmosphere has been given a traditional look here in heart of London(southall). This wonderful atmosphere & The surrounding is ambiance to appease your aesthetic sense. R.P.D.Will always remain in the hearts of those who are set to experience the true definition of the Punjabi taste, come in & feel a step closer to Ur Roots. SOME MAY CALL IT HOME AWAY FROM HOME.
Reviewed July 11, 2014

very testy and hygienic food.the all staff is very caring.overall restaurant was too good caring a pure punjabi cuisines spirit.and i was enjoying every moment feeling myself in my punjab.......

2  Thank aman1111

Reviewed July 6, 2014

This restaurant ticks all the boxes what you look for, outstanding taste, amazing service, right ambience and great entertainment. So far I have had the best Indian food in London and am sure no Indian restaurant can beat the taste. I am glad I found this place and makes me want to go again and again. I have even travelled a few times now from Milton Keynes just for the food. Do try the saag, makki roti and butter chicken, they are to die for. oooh Cannot resist now I think we are going for Dinner today again :D . If you are also planning just don't think and make a move now :)

1  Thank MickeyV666
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Because of the reviews we went and really enjoyed the good wholesome Punjabi food, and have been back a few times. The service is sometimes slow and varied and reminds me of being in a dabba in Punjab (which aren't known for their customer service! ) My main issue is that on a weekend the lovely owner turns entertainer and DJ, and picks on diners and gets them up to do Bhangra dancing. Now don't get me wrong, it's a lovely idea but it just doesn't work. Loud music, bad jokes and screaming down a mic at people, who just want a meal is not might idea of fun. The owners heart is in the right place but I did cringe and want to hide/ and get out ASAP! Avoid Weekends unless you want to do Bhangra at the front of the restaurant! (It's a shame I'll think twice about going on a weekend) that apart the food is good! And the owner is lovely!

1  Thank Pravesh K
roxywads, General Manager at Raunka Punjab Diyan, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

dear Sir,
I am glad you love the food at Raunka Punjab Diyan and also for your repeat precious custom, regarding that days bhangra , it was all part of good fun, the group(coach full of people) we had that day were all tourists from INDIA, so just to lighten up there evening we did this for free but I do apologies if you felt uncomfortable due to that, I can assure you the intention was good or not to make any1 dis comfortable. I thank u for your honest review and hope to see you very soon & get an excellent rating based on are food next time, thank u once again. rgds

Reviewed July 5, 2014

BYOB is a fantastic addition to this incredible restaurant. The staff are friendly and made a fantastic recommendation on what we should order. The food was the best Indian food I've ever tasted. Would definitely recommend trying a few small dishes (especially the chickpea one), rather than going for a big main.

1  Thank Simon E
Reviewed July 5, 2014

This restaurant is our favourite indian meal stop in london. Every time food is served which is authentic, tasty and with a big smile. Authentic indian restaurant- run by authentic indian people. Little touches such as kids friendly cutlery and plates without asking for my little one and special menu tweaks done for my little one, left me impressed. Quality, presentation and taste of food was very good . Excellent ambience. If you are looking for a real indian food, don't hesitate but come here. Guaranteed good meal with an awesome evening.

1  Thank Nidhi A