“Awesome authentic indian punjabi restaurant- delicious food guaranteed !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Raunka Punjab Diyan

Raunka Punjab Diyan
Ranked #1 of 90 Restaurants in Southall
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Have a little taster we captivate the eyes of visitor at very 1st glance. We created the desired authentic look, every aspect of the decor contributes to the look of rural India( PIND). The whole atmosphere has been given a traditional look here in heart of London(southall). This wonderful atmosphere & The surrounding is ambiance to appease your aesthetic sense. R.P.D.Will always remain in the hearts of those who are set to experience the true definition of the Punjabi taste, come in & feel a step closer to Ur Roots. SOME MAY CALL IT HOME AWAY FROM HOME.
Coventry, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome authentic indian punjabi restaurant- delicious food guaranteed !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

This restaurant is our favourite indian meal stop in london. Every time food is served which is authentic, tasty and with a big smile. Authentic indian restaurant- run by authentic indian people. Little touches such as kids friendly cutlery and plates without asking for my little one and special menu tweaks done for my little one, left me impressed. Quality, presentation and taste of food was very good . Excellent ambience. If you are looking for a real indian food, don't hesitate but come here. Guaranteed good meal with an awesome evening.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Nidhi A

“best reataurant of my life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Few days back when I visit london, i am so much confused for the punjabi food! So I asked Sam Malhotra my friend which is the best punjabi restaurant in London! He advised me the best restaurant in London South hall is raunka punjab diyian! So I visit there!
Raunka punjab diyian is best punjabi restaurant in London!
The atmosphere and service is best i have ever seen in my life! The food is same as the punjab! Same taste same culture!!
Love this restaurant!!!

2 Thank Lavish K
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
““Pure Punjab Feeling !!!””
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Simple but Brilliant. If you want to know what village life was like in the Punjab years ago, then this is the place for you. Raunka Punjab Diyan is a great night out, An interesting little museum with interesting artifacts arranged in a fun and interesting way. My personal fav was the bullet bike outside,This is not just a restaurant; there is an entire Punjabi village inside it. We come to this gorgeous place and remember the beautiful villages of Punjab we left behind Because here we not only enjoy the traditional Punjabi food but get that pure Punjabi feeling, the staff is good and attentive along with the good service, keep it up fella’s. we will be coming back soon

1 Thank Bharat C
“THIS IS HOW FOOD SHOULD BE( BEST IN LONDON)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

This was one restaurant we had heard alot about from friends & seems this is matchless in taste & ambience, so we tried it & glad we did that, what a great place to have yummy punjabi food finger licking food and good variety put together great food at reasonable cost. Authentic punjabi food and very warm interior giving the feel and flavor of Punjab Tandoori chicken & Daal Makhani should be definitely given a try, nice surroundings where pictures can be clicked in pind /village setting the waiters are very helpful and smiling it’s a definite recommend from us.

1 Thank Minakashi
roxywads, General Manager at Raunka Punjab Diyan, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
dear Minakashi,
Thank u for bring all your family and friend s to our restaurant, and a big thank u for putting good words for us to your sister and her entire gang, I Also want to thank your sister meenu for writing this good reveiw, I am glad you all liked our food & service. I m happy again to learn your entire punjabi girl gang loved are interiors, once again thank you and hope to see you all again soon.
“Awful food, makes me wonder what others are on about!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

I don't understand the great reviews, I think something dodgy is going on as there is no way on earth this could be the number one restaurant in Southall. The food is awful, they use old and dry vegetables for the vegetarian dishes and the same approach to meat dishes.

And everything tasted the same, despite ordering several very different dishes, all dishes had same sauce base. The meat dishes were made using awful quality meat, which had been clearly pre-cooked and then dumped into the gravy when we ordered.

How people love this place seems unreal, we went there based on the great reviews. But I now think that the reviews are not genuine, I seriously can't imagine how people enjoy the food. I love punjabi food but this is a disgrace to the cuisine.

The service was okay but stay away if you're looking for delicious or even average food.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Fejoia
roxywads, General Manager at Raunka Punjab Diyan, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
dear Fejoia
I always believe competition is good and healthy but only when the other side is playing a fair game, sorry but I am NOT going to play this dirty game, good luck..
P.S ... we are aware now we will get many terrible reviews... but thats ok.. we know we do everything right & we are the best ...