“Italian food and real ales - my idea of heaven”
Review of The Plough

The Plough
Ranked #2 of 98 Restaurants in Southall
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2013

great food, a traditional pub menu, now with a definite Italian leaning. Great choice of real ales too. Recommended.

2  Thank fulhammatty
donato610, Head Chef at The Plough, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2015

Thank you very much for the positive comments. We always work hard to offer good food and efficient friendly service and I'm so glad your visit was enjoyable. We look forward to see you again

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We were in the mood for some Italian and from what I could see on the reviews this would be an interesting choice. Local draught beer and some Italian style food. Since I had a car, we took the drive from our Bath Road hotel to this Pub.

When we got there, there were a handful of locals who stared at us at we walked in. Stared at us as we checked the place out and stared at us as we perused the menu. We did not feel welcome and quickly turned around. Is the food bad? Don't know, never had the opportunity. Maybe we were there to early - around 17:30 and the regulars hadn't left. You may have better success than myself, a Canadian and a big Texan.

6  Thank Heinzter
DPlough, Owner at The Plough, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Hey there Heinzter.

That reception will be entirely the big Texan's fault. Our natives are not used to stetsons & are terrified by spurs (can't think why !).
Seriously though......give me a call when you're next in the area (Derek 020 85747473) & let me prove we're a friendly bunch over a nice glass of Chianti.
I note your visit was before our Positano Italian Restaurant's opening when we just did pub food with an Italian slant. Our Restaurant's now up & running with our fantastic chef Donato Positano. Would love to see you & the big Texan here sometime for a taste of Irish / Italian hospitality.

Best Wishes

Derek O'Brien

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Donato's combination of passion for home-made cooking, fresh ingredients and flavour is none other than that of a winning one. Presentation is something you'd expect to see in a high end Italian Bistro. There's also a good selection of English classics on the menu which also meet the high standard set by Donato's italian dishes. Weekly specials add variety and there's always something for everyone. Excellent food made with passion!

2  Thank Aisling M

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I went here for dinner and it was wonderful!! I had the zuppa di pesce ( some kind of fish stew ) with grilled bread and my girlfriend had the gnocchetti alla sorrentina, home made pasta with mozzarella and tomato sauce. The food was very good and the ingredients very fresh. Big improvement with Donato in the kitchen.

2  Thank John L

Reviewed June 14, 2013

As I live locally , I always gone to the plough for a pint or two, but I had never tried before the food until I smelt that amazing aroma coming from the kitchen! I ordered a starter, main and dessert, i didn't know what to choose and the chef was very helpful in my decision , everything was cooked and presented perfectly ! I wish I had tried their food before and every since that Tuesday I have eaten then nearly every weekend! Must eat ! I recommend to everyone!

2  Thank joan s
donato610, Head Chef at The Plough, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2015