“Poor attitude towards customers”
Review of Mirch Masala

Mirch Masala
Ranked #34 of 93 Restaurants in Southall
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Pakistani
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor attitude towards customers”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I happen to order my food and leave the restaurant after ending up with an argument with one of the waiters. who showed no respect towards us as the customers. in fact the owner of the restaurant was an arrogant character.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Sh4k

London
“Recommendable”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

This restaurant has been our canteen for 9 years, since my daughter was a baby.
Food is nice, good value for money, service is ok, I do recommend.

• Visited June 2014
uk
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We went there with our 6 month old daughter.
The food was a real letdown. We ordered a biryani which came without any raita or sauce and the only flavour it had was of chilli. Also ordered some alu tikki which came as bland potato cake without any chutney.
Believe me we have been to many Indian and Pakistani restaurants and havent tasted food as rubbish as this.
these guys really need cooking lesson....
Also, during the visit the baby needed changing but there was no baby change area. So I decided to use the disabled toilet. It was shocking to see it being used as store to cleaning trolley with all the cleaning equipment. So I ended up changing the baby in pram.
The food is overpriced despite the poor preparation. I would have given a lower score if it was an option.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank nishi8o
Greater London, United Kingdom
“My Favourite Restaurant in Southall”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I'm biased because I really love this place. My last visit was in April but I've been many times over the years. The service is nice but the food is oh so good. Not only do you get great value for your money but you get quite a lot of food for your pound. The food is tasty and the pitcher of mango lassi is great. I generally leave here on a full stomach. If you are in Southall make sure you go here for great, affordable, and tasty food. I'd recommend going with friends that way you can share and try more dishes...I love this place.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank travelwithme247
London, United Kingdom
“Fresh tasty food - and lots of it!”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

It's difficult to know where to begin when looking for somewhere to eat in Southall. We chose Mirch Masala as it was beyond the crazily busy section of the Broadway and looked bright and airy. A very good choice, as it turned out. We arrived just before 1pm on a Sunday and were almost the only people there for a while. Obviously a good time to go, judging from previous reviews mentioning how busy it can get. The service was excellent and the food was delicious. We were asked what level of spice we wanted - we said medium, which was just right for us - nicely spicy, but not killer hot. To start, we tried the fried kassava and fried green banana - both dishes were tasty and crunchy, without excess oil. Then we had Mirch Masala special chicken curry, deigi chana methi (chiickpeas & fenugreek), onion kulcha and plain rice. When this arrived we realised we had seriously over ordered - the portions were large and we had already eaten a lot of kassava and banana. Still, we made a valiant attempt - everything tasted so good and fresh. We washed it down with lassi (one salty, one mango). The bill came to £25 for two of us. The waiters kindly packed up our leftovers for us to take away - so this is effectively the cost of two meals rather than one. Great value.

Not the place to go for a fancy evening out - it is canteen style and you can't book, but if you are looking for no frills tasty food, look no further.

• Visited June 2014