“Lovely Food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have been eating here for years.Still in the same family hands over 30 years.Nothing has changed, food still tastes the same as it did when we hung out in there during our college days at Southall College.Would recommend to anyone visiting Southall. Down side is the parking,but speak to the restaurant who will advise where to park.
I live out of town now but when in Southall I try and get a meal here.

1  Thank shaanj_12

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Excellent experience. Food was great as was the service. Couldn't ask for more when in need of an Indian dining experience.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I have been coming to Omi's for a couple of years now & every meal I have had there has been delicious, aromatic rather than very spicy. It's also a pleasent to see food that is not swimming in oil.

The staff have always made us most welcome & are really helful with tips of what to order.

I'm pleased to say that Omi's has become one of my favourite regular restaurants in Southall. Reasonable prices too.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is my first review on tripadvisor but have been meaning to write this review because we were so shocked at how this place compared to the reality. We visited this place a few months ago after reading reviews on tripadvisor. Our experience could not have been more different. The food was quite bland, and not even that warm. We should have realised once we saw it was empty. For what you get it is also quite expensive. We live on the south coast and the local regional indian restaurant is better than this. I expected more given the competition in the area. Our last visit.
I can only think that the reviews are done by friends of the restaurant. We will certainly take a lot more care when using tripadvisor next time.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We went to this restaurant simply because it was shown as the best one in Southall. I had read all the earlier reviews and felt on balance this would be an excellent choice. it is also the first time we visited Southall.
Unfortunately I felt the portions were very poor for the price though tasted OK. Chicken and lamb dishes were served with only very small meat portions but disguised by smothering the dish in sauce. I have eaten in many Indian restaurants and only decided on Southall as I considered you would get the best quality at reasonable prices. This practice is increasingly being used by restaurant owners during recession but customers are not easily deceived. Many inner London Indian restaurants still offer much better portions and are not any more expensive.
The drinks Lassi and Mango tasted and looked as if made with artificial ingredients. Sour yoghurt drinks are made much better in Turkish restaurants and not Indian.
Parking is a problem in the area with a restriction everyday of the week. The restaurant does offer very limited free parking if you are lucky to get a space.
In conclusion - went in hungry, left hungry but still paid heftily for the pleasure. Will not be returning.