“The most delightful dining experience”

Chaudhry's TKC Restaurant
Ranked #52 of 94 Restaurants in Southall
Cuisines: Barbecue, Chinese, Pakistani
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: It all started on a crisp November morning over 50 years ago when the late AM Chaudhry had a brilliant idea: to make fresh jelabi (crispy batter dipped in hot sugar) outside the Dominion Cinema in King Street, Southall. The home sick, newly arrived bachelors from India and Pakistan, couldn't get enough and soon Mr. Chaudhry purchased an old cobblers shop on Southall Broadway to offer traditional home cooked Punjabi food and sweets. We still operate for the same premises! After more than four decades of hard work Chaudhry's TKC's ethos still remains to offers excellent home cooking at affordable prices without compromising on quality.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The most delightful dining experience”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I came here with my family for my birthday what can I say it was brilliant dining experience will be coming back. This restaurant certainly lives up to it's name of being the pioneer of Asian cuisine the food was delicious and service was swift and efficient will be going again and recommend this place. The setting is beautiful and the fish tank is delightful and it creates a calming ambiance loved it and will be going back.

1 Thank Zab1986

“I love this place”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I have been going to this place for about 4 months now ever science I moved to west London the is by far the best restraunt for atmosphere service and quality food . We have tried many restraunts in southall but this restraunt is right at the top of my favourite eat out spots!

We also booked a mehendi in the top hall and everything was spectacular the florist was amazing and my personal highlight was the stage decorations . At first I was sceptical about getting it done from TKC after reading the apauling reviews but you just need to go there for yourself to get the real picture!!

I love the recent refurb!!!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful surprise”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband and I recently celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary and he surprised me by taking me here for an evening meal.
What can I say?...... The meal was fantastic. We had the mixed grill with nan, korma, Chinese mixed platter and for dessert there was an array of tempting treats.
When the manager found out it was our anniversary he gave us an excellent discount on the food and made sure that the dessert and coffee was on the house and he presented me with a beautiful bunch of flowers and a box of traditional sweets!!! That was a lovely gesture.....☺
The evening could not have been better.
There are lots of lovely traditional handicrafts to see from Pakistan and the whole experience was lovely.
Staff were friendly and courteous and surroundings comfortable.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Shaznawab78
“Would not consider ever !!!!!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Dirty tables bunch of useless waiters chatting no consideration for customers left waiting had to call for attention food come out in stages would have left then if visitors not with us total rubbish n awful taste off food would never go again save urself from embarrassment

London, United Kingdom
“Takeaway service - Rubbish!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Thursday 8th August - Eid

Before this visit I've ordered takeaway twice before. Their prices were competitive and after the first time the food was nice.

On my first visit I ordered for over 30 people the day before and a time was agreed to collect the food. Next day came to the agreed time and I waited nearly an hour to collect the food because it wasn't ready!? Any how the food was nice so I let that one slip by.

The second time, again I ordered food but this time for around 20 people and it was ordered over the telephone the day before. Same method previously with an agreed time. Went to collect the food and again I waited nearly an hour to collect because the food wasn't ready!? That's twice now and it certainly wasn't nice. Nonetheless an apology was never given and I still paid full price both times

My third visit is now my last. I ordered, again, a takeaway for 10 people to celebrate Eid with my family at my house. I ordered the food in person by actually going to the restaurant, as I was in the area, and spoke to a worker who took the order. I saw him write down my order and I told him can the food be ready for 11 whatever day Eid is on. With assurance he said that is not a problem, "if Eid is on Thursday your food would be ready for 11 and if Eid is on Friday, your food would also be ready by 11". I specifically told him of having family over to feed so the food had to be ready. The next day, Eid day on Thursday, I telephoned at 10.30 and the person who picked up didn't even know of my order and said to call back in 15 minutes. I rang again at 10.50 and he said my food would be ready for 11. Got to the restaurant at 11.10 and the waiter, who I had just spoken to on the phone, then said the food is not ready that I should come back at 12! Why say it's ready for 11 when it's clearly not!? He then asks for my order again saying he can make it in 15 minutes. Having got frustrated it's not turning into an argument and he walks off trying to blame me. I asked for the person who took my order to which he walked in 5 minutes later. During that time no one tried to resolve my situation. The person who took my order walks in and I confronted him about my food. He spent 30 minutes doing 'something' and came up with the food.

I refused to pay the full amount and the manager tried to justify why I should pay full. After I told him the errors on my order he still ever understood until I raised my voice in front of customer's saying I had been waiting for 1 hour with all these errors. He accepted the amount I gave him.

I later got home to find they have given me:

- a wrong dish
- cold rice
- gone off papdi chaat

In the end I spent Eid with my family feeding them a wrong dish and I couldn't even give them the papdi chaat.

Never again am I going here. It really was a disgrace!

2 Thank Imran H