“Not impressed”

Description: Indian Bar and Grill with a Kenyan twist
London, United Kingdom
“Not impressed”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Well what can I say, this is somewhere we have always wanted to go, so this week we made the effort and we didn't like it at all. It was just like a pub serving average Indian food. The service was OK and that's all we can say about it. We ordered and it turned up in a carrier bag as a "take away", so by the time that went back and then back to us it was just warm. I had the Rogan Josh which was all bone, my husband went for Chicken Marsala which I could have made better myself. We are so glad we went alone, as it would have been embarrassing if we had gone with friends or family as we had always assumed it was somewhere where fantastic Indian food was supposed to be the best. Its not a place to order wine, as they only serve those silly little bottles, the beer is good. Plus this place is expensive and not worth it.

• Visited February 2013

• Polish first
“Fantastic Indian food”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Food was excellent and varied, all my friends who had never tasted Indian food loved it, though we asked for mild curry dishes. Prices were fair, easy to get to by tube, and service was friendly and fast. We went with local friends who frequently go there. Try it!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Simon B
“unexpected place to eat”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

i have heard about ths resturant quite often so i have planned with my family and went there last week, quite excited bt once we entered inside the resturant one gentleman approached to us and rudely told us we need to wait arround 1 hr to get the table, we were quite shocked after ths eventhough we drove all the way from cambridge we decided to wait.... finally after awhile we got a small table, don dare to wait any longer to get cozy one becoz all of us were starving, suddenly my wife asked one waiter to take our food order instantly he replied no he coluldnt, he gonnn send another guy........... again the same guy came and ask wt do we want.... and we politely requested him to explain some of the authentic indian dish again we were more shocked thn before becoz we hardly understand his english and only heard some the word ie chicken wings and mogo...... no option left so we orderded when it served almost whole portion of wings were burned and really dont bother to try other upcoming starter dishes.... we just paid out bill and leave the resturant ...... don knw why ths bizy place owner cant afford good staff ....... its one of my most embarashin... moment in my whole life...... never go back again...........

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank jenni200
London, United Kingdom
“One work "AMAZING"”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Me and my husband go here to eat at least once a week their food is amazing. Spicy though you have been warned there is nothing mild on the menu. I prefer their starters to the mains all the non -veg starters are great and its deffo the best indian restaurant in London. Service is also great with very friendly staff.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Manisha P
Edgware
“Good food”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

good consistence food but staff are a bit rude and you feel they want you out of the tables and on to the bar ASAP

Visited August 2012