“stay away” 1 of 5 bubbles

Lyttleton Lodge
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Uxbridge
“stay away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Made the mistake of booking online for 5 night stay and they refused the refund after the first night when I tried to cancel.The lady said I had to ring the website but nobody there. I didnot get a room in the house instead I got a room in the converted garage next door . The hallway smelt of onions and the room of cheap parfume when I managed to get around the hideous eyesore of the room decor 1980's. The bed was noisy and very uncomfortable. I could hear everything from the two rooms either side of me as the walls were made of of paper. On one side the coughing from somebody all night and the other going to the loo opening with that silly sliding door for the ensuite. The view was a crappy wall of concrete from the rest of the garage.Location was bad as u are 20minutes walk from uxbridge town centre.

Room Tip: avoid rooms
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Paul M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

Paid in advance on the website or we wouldn't have got past the front door, where we were asked to sign a declaration that we didn't live there! The bedroom was clean but poorly furnished. 'En-suite shower' was a shower cubicle in the corner of the room, no privacy. 'Shared toilet' was in a communal bathroom, so we had to wait for another resident to have a bath before we could use the toilet and leave in the morning. Quiet on the night we stayed but poor value - there are better options in the area for £50 a night.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Liz6yhn

Travelers are raving about these Uxbridge hotels

London, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

I arrived to this place after booking it over the phone with the manager. I had trouble using the website and so had to make a phone booking and I had asked for e mail confirmation. I was told the price was £35 per night and I needed the room for 2 nights. I was told I would get an e mail confirmation and I never did so I rang again and again was told I would get one and not to worry, the man seemed nice and so I went with it. I was coming from Ireland to do final exams at Brunel University where I'm studying as post grad student. This was stressful enough without the hassle of what I discovered when I got to Lyttleton Lodge...
Firstly I was told the room was gone but they had another for £60 a night, I had £70 for two nights accommodation and not much more after that. This was very daunting as I found myself without somewhere to stay. I explained my case to the lady and we got in touch with the manager who turned out to be a complete bully. In the end after abuse and trying to tell me we had agreed something different I had to leave. I was very upset and anxious about where I was going to stay now. I had to ring my parents back in Ireland and they ended up having to book me into the travel lodge in Uxbridge. I just thought this was very scary position to be put in and afterwards I was glad I ended up staying in the travel lodge as I had not read the other reviews posted here, I was quite glad to get out of the place, it was very uncomfortable looking, there was a musty smell and the staff ie management were so unprofessional and intimidating I was glad not to stay there, I would never recommend this place to anyone, it's a very frightening position to be left in when away from home and possibly have no where to stay...

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Emer O
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2012

Wish that I had read the reviews for this place before I booked. The website looked lovely and promised to deliver spacious rooms with tasteful decor. Fawlty Towers has nothing on this place. We were greeted at the door, (the side of which held a months rubbish stacked against it) by a man who didn't seem to be expecting us, and who barely spoke any English.
We were shown to our rooms, and that was the last time we saw any hotel staff! The room was very pink! with lots of rugs attempting to cover up mulitple stains on the carpets. The taps in the bathroom rattled when turned on and there was no plug, something metal fell out from underneath the sink. During the night we were kept awake by the bleeping of the alarm, there was a sign in the bedroom stating four numbers to call in case of fire or emergency, I called two, the numbers were not recognised and the third didn't seem to know the Hotel at all. Fourth time lucky, and I'm told that we can be relocated to a new room the following day, problem was we were going home the next day!. This is definitely one to miss.

Room Tip: Just don't
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Linda G
Leeds
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

I have been visiting Brunel University for while for lectures, This time I came with me and wife.we had been offered big spacious room with friendly staff and nice clean and tidy,hot water,TV and plenty of parking space. I definitely visit this place again

Room Tip: If you are looking nice clean room for peaceful location and near to all aminites, I strongly recomm...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Alkis K
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2011

I have stayed for 3nights in Mid Novermber for training in Brunel, I have been given big spacious room and friendly staff,with public transport and tesco were near by distance.

Room Tip: It's really economy especially for Heathrow flyers
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Robert J
Oldham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2011

The room was a decent size, the carpet was stained. The bedding was old fashioned and was not changed often enough (i have thrown better out!) There was cobwebs around the pictures. The side bed cabinets were stained. The shower room OMG was disgusting ewww. The Shower curtain was filthy, there was black mould around the tiles. The shower head was growing fur!! yes fur!!. When I asked for new towels the owners were not very forthcoming. Had to re-use towels over 3-4 days and dont even ask about having fresh sheets. The owners were very keen to get your money up-front. Did not go for breakfast as the state of the room reflected what the food hygene would have been like.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank BENJC03
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uxbridge
The Red Lion Hotel
easyHotel London Heathrow
easyHotel London Heathrow
#20 of 23 in Hounslow
BEST WESTERN Airlink Hotel London Heathrow

Been to Lyttleton Lodge? Share your experiences!