“Great for teenagers”

Go Ape Black Park Country Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Set in 530 acres of beautiful woodland with a centre-piece lake. Shortlisted for the Beautiful South Awards 2013. One of the best days out in Buckinghamshire and Berkshire, featuring our classic Go Ape experience in the trees, our latest segway adventure, NEW Tree Top Junior and biking through our beautiful park. We'll brief you for safety before you fly down a zip wire, leap off our Tarzan Swing and tackle our high ropes crossings whilst enjoying some breathtaking scenery. Get off the beaten track and enjoy our latest forest adventure with Go Ape Forest Segway - an epic NEW experience with a down to earth twist. Home to our Tree Top Junior Adventure for Tiny Tarzans. Release your little monkeys onto a Go Ape course designed for them. No one loves adventure more than kids!
London UK
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Great for teenagers”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Looking for something to do for your daughter's 17th birthday then look no further. She and her 19 year old brother loved it. Went mid week so only two of them in their time slot (there can be up to 15). Staff were fantastic, especially Andrew who ensures they were confident with the rules - always be attached! - before leaving us to it and then coming back to check on us regularly. All age ranges were taking part and they said they were building a junior course to open next February. Only suggestion for improvement would be to sell camera batteries in the on site shop s our new ones lasted all of 5 minutes!!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank dimmo69

Cholsey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fun for a 40th!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I was super nervous about this idea of my friend's.. but it was her special 40th treat and I was going to give it go!
I didn't need to worry, the staff are absolutely wonderful. They're enthusiastic patient, smiley and positive, and to boot, quite handsome ;) They're happy to take photos for you and therefore you will have some lovely mementoes of the day. Well done to all the staff at Black Park Segway.. a pay rise for you all!

It was fun! We went at just the right pace of starting with some training before trying some off roading and a gentle tour round the park, by the end we were all wanting to go faster still!
We even saw a Segway put to good use as one of our guides saw a bush fire and whizzed off to check it out and report it!

A gorgeous location that I will definitely return to.
The main Go Ape looked fun too and although I wasn't tempted before, the shrieks of pleasure from those having a go made me rethink this. I think we will be back!

Riding a Segway isn't as hard as you think.. give this a go, you won't regret it, if you're not smiling at the beginning, you will be by the end!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank cloudexplosion
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Wow!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

What a great experience. Slightly hesitant at first as only realised just at the moment that I was totally in charge of my own safety or I will die!!!!! Always presumed you had a harness or. Scramble net below!!!!!! Loved it, loved it!!!! Such good fun, don't wimp out its all or nothing as there are some easy options but go the whole hog. The Tarzan swings and the free fall into the nets are the hairiest but look worse than what they are. Be prepared to find wood chip everywhere! Instructors love their jobs and are very clear on safety just make sure you listen. I really want to go again to a different one I wonder if they are different courses?

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Claudine305
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Segway-tastic”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Visited Black Park for a segway session, I had never been on a segway before, the instructors are fantastic, began the session with the segways in training mode, but once up to speed, they turn that off and you can user the segways at full speed, this is the best fun I have had in ages, I recommend this to anyone and I will be going back.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Phil T
London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Times, Great Staff, Great Memories”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Great fun arrived at Black Park at 2:45 for our 3 pm slot. There were 6 of us and some non-apes. We signed some safety things and then put our harnesses, on very quick and easy, then we had a go clipping ourselves onto the safety wire. After that we went to site one with our instructor who checked our skills and set us off on the first part of the course which included a zip wire. There are 5 sites overall, two of them including a water fountain as it's very thirsty work. The first four sites were fun and challenging all ending in a zipwire. Site 5 was a test of strength, stamina and nerve. This course was extremely high and slightly windy causing the trees to move however it was extremely fun and ending in a penultimate zip wire the longest and highest of them all. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for an adventure.

Visited May 2013