“Terrible service despite being lunchtime and only half full.”
Review of Prezzo

Prezzo
Ranked #21 of 143 Restaurants in Uxbridge
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: It is a fairly new building where the ostler pub used to be
West London
“Terrible service despite being lunchtime and only half full.”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Food bland. Service very poor despite the restaurant not being overly busy. As in a previous review, dessert not offered, coffees took 20 mins to arrive and that is after asking for them repeatedly. Bill incorrect as previous reviewer.

“Good food vibrant atmosphere”
Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

Very good restaurant with lots of room and quick service if I had any complaint it would be the drinks are way too expensive but the food is good and reasonably priced

Uxbridge
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food wasn't good, but service was worse”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I've visited prezzo on two occasions since it opened: the first time the food was quite enjoyable although my other half found his tomato pasta rather under-sauced and bland. I can't remember what I had (this was about a month or two after it opened...so a fair while ago) but I remember enjoying it. I probably had a cream-based pasta as I always go for whatever is extremely fattening! I'm a terrible dieter.

However what let the restaurant down on this occassion was the appalling service from a man who met us at the door. I believe he is the manager...ordinary looking, greyish haired, italian I believe. My goodness he was rude! We had booked as it was newly opened and a Friday night, but we were running 5 minutes late. Literally 5 minutes late, no more, no less. The look he gave us was one of pure hatred! He then rolled his eyes before looking us up and down. I laughed because it made me so uncomfortable and look at my partner in disbelief. Stupidly, we stayed.

The waitress was very nice although she was rushed off her feet. As i've mentioned before the food was adequate. The house red was good too. But we felt so judged and uncomfortable by the manager that I remember the experience as more farcical and awkward than anything else. What a horrid little man.

2nd visit was for my sisters birthday, 3/5 of my family are vegetarian (i know, truly awful) so Prezzo seemed like a good choice as the veggies have a better selection in an italian place. This time the service was ok although we waited ages for our starters with a 20 minute gap between these and our mains. Strange considering there was 4 tables occupied, including ours...

Anyhoo, the decor in Prezzo is lovely, really sumptuous and inviting, so at least on that it scores well. However on this occassion when we ate out for my sister's bday the food was really inconsistent. My boyfriend's fried mozeralla was generous and very tasty but my calamari (over £5) was so small I actually wondered what was going on, it was pathetic. A tiny, miniture saucer of calamari, albeit very tasty calamari, but it was tiny! I was so disappointed and had to watch everyone else eat their garlic breads and mozzarellas. Too little for over a fiver. The worst was my main, i had a chicken pasta that came with a cream and tomato sauce and chargrilled peppers.

My god, the peppers were near raw, no hint of char and the sauce tasted like it had been made with campbells soup. it was so awful I didn't eat it and told the waitress why. She said oh dear and went away! I should've pushed further and got it removed from the bill but I didn't want to be a complete harridan on my sister's birthday.

Either way.........I aint going Prezzo again thats for sure!

• Visited August 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unfair”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Laurence777, you made 4 terrible reviews to every continental eating place in UxbridgeMiddlesex apart from one,
Which you gave highest rating 3 times.its a disgrace and I would like to see this not escalating,shall we expect a terrible
Experience from you in Bella italia as soon as it opens?

London, United Kingdom
“Don't go if your in a hurry! Very poor service this time.”
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

Went on a Tuesday, as the kids returned back to school. We booked before arriving, told on the phone "No need to book just walk in"

When we arrived, the waiter asked if I'd booked, I explained, I called to be told no need to book..

We were asked where we would like to sit, my children said where they would like to sit, the waiter dismissed all the suggestions by saying "oh sorry that's booked, sorry booked" so basically we sat where the waiter wanted us to sit, near the entrance..

The service was so slow, the restaurant wasn't busy at all. We ordered starters, then waited and waited called the waitress twice and waited again. When she's finally arrived after about 20 mins.

She took our mains order, then back to the waiting game. It was terrible, my kids all teenagers started to get irratated, as we spent a lot of time waiting, everytime I asked the waiters for drinks etc, were told to wait..

Finally around 30 mins later, our mains arrived, the food was lovely, but the service really let our dining out this time.

Wait for it, we wasn't offered any desserts, I asked for the bill. Which took at least 15 minutes it was incorrect, no apology just a new bill. We paid and left, we was in Prezzo for just over 2hrs.

As we were leaving I looked over to the seating booths where my children wanted to sit, as we were told they were booked.. Well they were still empty at 8.30pm. Shocking is what comes to mind.

We visited this Prezzo previously, it was lovely. So we thought we would have the same experience, but sadly not.

We certainly won be visiting Prezzo again.

Don't go if your pushed for time!!