“Our first visit, we will be back.”
Review of Martins Place

Martins Place
Ranked #6 of 142 Restaurants in Uxbridge
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Description: Best fillet steak at good value
London, England, United Kingdom
“Our first visit, we will be back.”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Having lived most of my life around Uxbridge. I have walked past Martins Place many times. But until last night I had never eaten there. So I will start my little review by saying that my Wife and I will be going back.
Martins place is an old style restaurant that really deserves the excellent reputation that it seems to have acquired.
Martins place is small and has a cosy intimate atmosphere. It's one of those restaurants where Martin, who is also the chief will actually come out to your table to check that you are enjoying your meal. The waitress was also very friendly and attentive.
The food Itself was of an excellent standard.
My wife had the Rack of Lamb not only looked great, she said it was cooked almost to perfection with a tasty sauce topping. I had the Dufftown fillet stake, medium rare. This was also cooked perfectly with a crouton base and a pat'e topping with a mushroom and whiskey sauce. It was the best stake I've had in years.
We finished with the house cheese cake and some pan cakes.
We left Martins Place happy knowing that we would return sooner than later. All in all a great night out, we are already recommending it to our friends and family.
One thing I would recommend, is that you book well in advance as it is a small restaurant and can only hold about 16 people per sitting.

• Visited October 2012

West London
“Fun eatery”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My wife and I live locally so we dropped in for lunch after reading all the favourable reviews. Very quirky establishment personally run by Martin. Most of the other diners seemed to be regulars and there was much banter exchanged with Martin, understood to be of German origin(nothing wrong with that). He is difficult to take seriously particularly so when he told us after being seated at 1.15pm that we had to be out by 2.pm. To our surprise he was not joking so we ate up and went on our way. Food was very good(and inexpensive) and we can see why Martin has many loyal followers. For us the bistro was a bit basic and we are unlikely to return but don't let this put you off if you want a budget fun meal

• Visited October 2012
Woking, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed my visit...excellent food and friendly, efficient service. This place is wonderful. Long may it continue.
I suggest that people ignore "Lawrence777"...he has an unhealthy connection with the Nonna Rosa and is bad-mouthing all the other Mediterranean restaurants. Very silly and spiteful.

Visited October 2012
London, England
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Totally unique restaurant. Small and intimate. Food always fantastic and good value. Decor is a bit naff but it helps make the experience.

• Visited September 2012
London
“Amazing food and Great Value!”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This restaurant is cosy and warm. The steaks are beautiful, the service is friendly and Martin has to be met to be believed! What a character!! If you want lovely food and an experience in a cosy restaurant, try Martins place! (The Martinesque sauce is amaaaaaazing!) Make sure you tip the waitresses as service is not included...and they certainly deserve it! Bon Appetit!

• Visited September 2012