“Fun eatery”

Martins Place
Ranked #6 of 147 Restaurants in Uxbridge
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Best fillet steak at good value
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My wife and I live locally so we dropped in for lunch after reading all the favourable reviews. Very quirky establishment personally run by Martin. Most of the other diners seemed to be regulars and there was much banter exchanged with Martin, understood to be of German origin(nothing wrong with that). He is difficult to take seriously particularly so when he told us after being seated at 1.15pm that we had to be out by 2.pm. To our surprise he was not joking so we ate up and went on our way. Food was very good(and inexpensive) and we can see why Martin has many loyal followers. For us the bistro was a bit basic and we are unlikely to return but don't let this put you off if you want a budget fun meal

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed my visit...excellent food and friendly, efficient service. This place is wonderful. Long may it continue.
I suggest that people ignore "Lawrence777"...he has an unhealthy connection with the Nonna Rosa and is bad-mouthing all the other Mediterranean restaurants. Very silly and spiteful.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Totally unique restaurant. Small and intimate. Food always fantastic and good value. Decor is a bit naff but it helps make the experience.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

This restaurant is cosy and warm. The steaks are beautiful, the service is friendly and Martin has to be met to be believed! What a character!! If you want lovely food and an experience in a cosy restaurant, try Martins place! (The Martinesque sauce is amaaaaaazing!) Make sure you tip the waitresses as service is not included...and they certainly deserve it! Bon Appetit!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Visited this restaurant on two visits to Uxbridge recomended to my daughter by work friends. I had the best steak ever. From the outside it looks like a hairdressers shop, on first visit before eating I found it strange walking threw the kitchen to use the toilet, but you have got to try this place if you visit the area. Hoping to visit in the next couple of weeks before my daughter moves back to Swansea.