“Great atmosphere, great beers and great view”
Review of The Old Orchard

The Old Orchard
Ranked #1 of 143 Restaurants in Uxbridge
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Interesting to see a Brunning & Price pub appearing in Michelin awarded pubs and having enjoyed the food in The Old Orchard, I wouldn't be surprised if this pub restaurant also featured in the future.
The menu, although on the pricier side for pub grub, is varied and includes recently more unusual dishes like rabbit guinea fowl and venison. I would however like to see more fish on the menu but you can't have everything.
For dessert, a trio of apple dishes, beautifully presented and mouthwateringly good finished the meal.
With 6 different real ales on tap, and a wide selection of wines, there is plenty for the non-diners to choose from too.
Staff are attentive and welcoming and always seem to find time to converse. They are even receptive to constructive criticism of the menu... so hope to see more fish on soon!
Superb location overlooking fabulous vista so ideal for outdoor eating too.

There are newer reviews for The Old Orchard

Reviewed November 14, 2012

We are lucky enough to live quite close to this place and as a result visit it regularly. We have two dogs that we take down there as it is very dog friendly whether it is warm enough to sit outside in the lovely garden over looking the lake or cold enough to want to sit by the open fire. The staff are knowledgeable and enthusiastic about both the wine/beer's and the food they serve and we have had many lovely meals there.

2  Thank Lindsey T
Reviewed November 10, 2012

This restaurant, perched on a hill overlooking a lake and mature woodland, has a gastro pub feel. The atmosphere is warm and friendly.

I went for a Saturday lunch with my family. We enjoyed our meal. I particularly enjoyed the falafel starter with olive tapenade. The menu has a good selection of dishes to cater for a range of tastes. There was a selection of light bites, which was good for those people with smaller appetites. The prices were reasonable for the quality of food and size of portions. The main courses were filling. My only grumble was the chips, which I prefer thin and crispy, and were served fat and mushy!

The view from the restaurant across the lake is great, but can only be seen from the restaurant by a few tables close to the windows. There is outside seating for the summer months, but the view is then over the car par, which is less ideal!

There is a private dinning room upstairs, which looked great for a special celebration.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We are expats. and have lived in Australia for many years. On a recent trip to the UK our familly took us to the Old Orchard, we were blown away. Everything from the eclectic decor, wonderful views, cosy atmosphere and friendly management and staff make this probably the perfect English country pub. If this was not enought the menu would grace many a 5 star restaurant for both choice and quality. Any one living or visiting the South East of england, should put the Old Orchard on their "must see" list. Special mention to "Crunch" the beagle, the icing on the cake.

1  Thank DandSPerth
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I came here for a very belated graduation dinner with my family a few weeks ago. Not only was the view one of the most stunning I've yet seen at any pub location, but the food, staff and dining experience thoroughly matched it. While it was made clear to us on arrival that everything operated from behind the bar, the manager (I believe) made every effort to ensure we received table service even though we had not asked. This attention to detail made the whole occasion even more enjoyable. We got to know our waitress, who made every effort to look after us, and who provided fabulous service. Of all the food, I'd have to suggest the Pork Trio as a truly fabulous dish - well presented, beautifully balanced flavours and cooked to perfection. Similarly, my mum very much enjoyed her fish and chips; a very difficult dish to get right as it is so widely produced. On the whole, an amazing experience with a beautiful location, wonderful staff and absolutely fabulous food.

1  Thank SafetyFirst101