“Mediocre food. Seriously, go to a real Italian instead.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ask Italian - Uxbridge
Ranked #34 of 138 Restaurants in Uxbridge
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: ASK Italian in Uxbridge is a place for great food and warm service. Think fresh bread made to tear and share. A glass of fine wine worth deserving of your time. Delicious main dishes prepared the traditional way. Everything we know and love about Italian food is served straight to your table. Take a look at our Uxbridge menu and, if you like what you see, book a table.
Southern England
“Mediocre food. Seriously, go to a real Italian instead.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

I've been in here three times (not always by my own choice!) over a couple of months so can make a reasonable judgment on the quality of the food. It really is mediocre for the price. I find it quite amazing that anyone would chose to come here rather than to a beautiful and authentic non-chain Italian restaurant a few doors down which offers truly gorgeous food for the same price.

There is nothing really offensively wrong with Ask but it grates a bit to pay £12 plus for a tasteless salad or linguine I could have made better at home. The overall impression is that the chef is decent but he's working with very poor and cheap ingredients. The very watery cherry tomatoes tasted like they'd come from the out-of-date section at Tesco. The pizzas were nicely presented, but again very bland; they just lacked the moreish quality a pizza should have.

On the plus side, the staff are friendly and the restaurant is attractively decorated. Unfortunately this just lures you into a false sense of security and makes you even more disappointed in the food.

There is one excellent thing on the menu- the apple cake- go in for that and a drink and please don't waste your money on anything else.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

• Polish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great atmosphere, lovely waiter, good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Came for an evening with friends. The waiter was very attentive and helpful. Food came in reasonable time and in fact we were only kept waiting once when it got quite busy. The food itself was quite good too so I would recommend ASK and would like to go again sometime.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“Cold food and horrid service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Rude staff who made me fell bad that I brough my young children there..
Wont be going back and dont think any one else should

Visited July 2013
“Customers first!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

I popped in for the second time in a month or so, and enjoyed some great food, but it would see there was a problem with fridges (it was a hot day), and our white wine was at room temperature, albeit that it was presented with a "cooler bucket" - when we asked, the fridge problem was explained and the options are beer or champagne, we had a few beers and the other was a non starter for budget reasons...

So we stayed with the white wine.

At the end of the meal when the bill was presented I inquired if they could do anything bill wise, and was surprised to find the cost of the bottle was removed from the bill which I thought was a very generous gesture indeed, subsequently we left  10%+ tip.

We will be back, we will recommend to others (there are a few Italian restaurants in Uxbridge) as the food here is good and well presented, the menu has a fair range of combinations with in the "concept" of Italian food.  But most of all the staff are good, communicative and would seem to be focused around the "customer experience" within the restaurant, I wonder if all Ask's are as good as this one!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Dreamrobber
“Service makes the food great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Don't get me wrong, the food is exactly what you'd expect for the price and the brand, well done Ask. The service staff we're great though, especially as I was the lonely table for 1 traveller! No rush and managed well by Charlene. overall a great meal for one. thanks Charlene and Ask.

• Visited July 2013