“Beyond Disgusting - please please don't give this man your money.”
Review of Brunel Lodge

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Uxbridge
Brunel Lodge
Ranked #7 of 8 Uxbridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 2, 2010

I stayed for 5 nights....and they were the worst 5 nights of my life,
- you walk in and the rank stench of curry hits you in the face
- they make you pay upfront before showing you the hellhole you're sleeping in.
- the sikh man who owned it literally glared at me and never said hello back when I said it to him every morning. He made me feel like some horrible little white girl who wears makeup and doesn't cover herself up.
- When I went to go to bed I pulled back the covers and there was a bug in there. Some sort of creepy spider thing.
- the toilet in my room leaked and it would be all around your feet as you were sitting on the broken seat.
- the shower wasn't even luke warm and little black bugs were crawling out of the mould and holes in the bathroom walls.
-didn't replace toilet roll.
-didn't replace the 2 tea bags they gave me over the 5 days.
-didn't replace the towel...used the same one for 5 days and it was beginning to stink all fousty and damp
-felt disgusting and unclean and unhygeinic the entire time. Didn't dare eat in the room
- attempted breakfast once but service was grotty and I was really aware of his long greasy beard getting in my food of drink and I just couldnt swallow the toast, I was heaving.
-tried charging my phone but there's something dodgy with their electricity so although I would leave it on charge all night, my battery wouldn't last the next day.
-mattress old lumpy and sheets stink of fousty curry

I ignored all of these other bad reviews thinking people were just being fussy and awkward. Boy was I wrong. Please don't stay here. The minging owners don't deserve your hard earned money, they don't work for it. Seriously go somewhere like TravelLodge.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank bgcrbb

Reviewed February 11, 2010

Absolutely disgusting guest house that I am so surprised that there are not laws in place to ensure this place is shut down! In these recessionary times there are so many good deals around but Brunel lodge is definitely not one of them. It was £55 for a double room. The decor is grotesque and totally unhygeinic. We paid for the room and were brought up stairs. He opened the door and proceeded to turn on the radiator in the icy cold room! (it was snowing outside and it was evening time) There was lots of noise throughout the night with people playing music and walls are paper thin. There was not even somewhere to hang my clothes and the radiator in the bathroom did not work. I slept fully clothed that night as i was freezing.
The blankets smell of vindaloo and there were two brown dusty bath towels left in the room with mini bar of soap on each one...both not wrapped and no hand towel. Therefore hot water was definitely out of the question!...the shower/bath (with no curtain on window or around bath) goes from hot to cold.

Then for breakie, we went to the so called lounge stupidly expecting a nice english breakfast! we were asked "do you want cereal?" i asked what kind did he have and he walked away only to return with two tiny bowls of cereal and a tiny amount of milk between 2 people...then the cheap as chips toast came out followed by a miniature cup of boiling water that you have to add your own coffee too...no mention of tea!

There were some dodgy characters about also.......trust me on this one NEVER EVER STAY AT BRUNEL LODGE!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank hopeitsnice
Reviewed February 1, 2010

Vile. Treated with disdain and mistrust by unfriendly bloke on reception for no apparent reason. The place stank, was grotty, and as a solo female traveller I felt totally unsafe there. Paid, saw room which was as grotty as the reception area, then legged it and found somewhere a bit nicer. Don't ever set foot in the place.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank techiechick
Reviewed August 4, 2009

Booked this place up for family who needed a room in the area a coupl eof years back. They didn't say too much so I knew something was up. It was descibed as not the cleanest and basic. The fact that they chose to stay out till 4m rather than go back says it all.

What really upset my partner's mother was the breakfast - or lack of! She arrived for breakfast around 8.30 am to be greeted by a hung over woman in a dressing gown with a ciggie hanging from her mouth who looked as though she didn't want to be bothered with guests. His mother didn't want to be too much trouble so she kindly asked for simple eggs on toast. The reply she got was along the lines of what do you mean eggs? We don't cook breakfast, help yourself to cereal and make your own toast! DISGRACE. The bed was terrible and has mum got no sleep, his dad slept purely by virtue of a lot of whisky! Now there are travelodge type places in the area I'd suggest folks stay there.

I'd also add that this place has the dodgiest of characters hang around outside it and I gather it takes in lot of people who are paid for by the council on benefits and immigration. No offecne to them, I feel sorry for them. But the ethos is max cash for minimum effort. They used to take builders who worked at Heathrow in but from speaking to such people they prefer other places as this one is poor. Can't help with any names but there are apparently better ones around. I her there is a small but nice one in Cleveland Rd by Brunel Uni and one is Station Road Cowley. Avoid this one and also the one called White Lodge.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank RoomWithAViewpoint
Reviewed March 21, 2008

I was visiting my father who was a patient at Hillingdon hospital and had been supplied with a list of guest-houses in the area. I decided on this one after the owner told me that it was less than half a mile from the hospital. In reality it is at least double that.

I can honestly say that this is the grottiest place that I have ever stayed. I cannot believe that places like this still exist in 2008. On arrival I was asked to pay for my accomodation before being taken up to my room. On seeing the room I understood why. Anyone seeing the room before paying would have walked straight out. I will never fall for that one again.

The room was dark, dingy and smelt. The curtains were old and discoloured and far too big for the window. The bedside lamp shade had come away from the lamp and was torn. It was black from the heat of the light bulb and covered in stains. It was absolutely disgusting. The pièce de résistance however was the mattress. To say it was fit for the dump would be a huge understatement. In any other household it would have been thrown away years ago. It was thin and lumpy with springs poking out everywhere. I went to sleep fully clothed. The radiator was discoloured and covered in brown stains from where it had leaked in the past. Loose teabagas were left in an open whicker basket on the side. I had absolutely no intenton of using them or the kettle.

A threadbare towel, not much thicker than a tea-towel had been left on the bed. There was a small sink in the room. Only the cold tap worked. There was a communal shower room with toliet which, I declined to use.

Breakfast consisted of a fried egg, a spoonful of beaked beans and three thin sausages of the cheapest variety. They were almost hollow and tasted disgusting. I left them.

I can honestly say I would rather have stayed in the foyer of Hillingdon hospital than stay in this pit. I cannot belive that a place as sub-standard as this is allowed to operate as a guest-house in the twenty first century.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled solo