“Nice location, needs a little TLC and organisation”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Tattershall Lakes

Tattershall Lakes
“Nice location, needs a little TLC and organisation”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

The site itself is a great location, plenty to see and do, only gripe would be the way the touring pitches are set out, some caravans parked one way, some another, people's cars hemmed in, think maybe need to re think and mark the pitches out so someone else doesn't intrude on your pitch and everyone park and face the same way, it would look far more tidier and attractive to potential customers, also the water taps need attention as the bases are stood in muddy water constantly. The wardens however were very helpful and couldn't wish for nicer guys. there was 20 of us in total & we hired the pool/hot tub which was really good however we booked 7 til 8 but didn't get in til 7.15, maybe need to allow an time overlap system, lifeguards kept us entertained, our children opted to watch the film at the outdoor cinema on the sun night and were disappointed that the giant deck chairs weren't there as
advertised on the website ?

Visited April 2014
Greg L, Guest Relations Manager at Tattershall Lakes, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Mmmm not sure what was going on Fee but I will certainly be asking the questions to the relevant teams. Our Wardens do check on the pitches daily to ensure that guests don't intrude on the space of others however you will always get a small number of people who think this selfish behaviour is acceptable. It goes without saying that if this is reported to us then Eddie, our Tenting & Touring Manager, attends to it as soon as he is able

Hoddesdon, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not what we expected at all...........”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

I booked this Easter break through a very well known holiday company and what we saw in their brochure was not what we got in reality. Firstly our accommodation a Comfort 4 lodge was not ready (or what I believe was given to another guest who had complained about the state of what they were offered) we were given vouchers to have a complementary drink and come back several hours later.
When we returned our accommodation was still not ready and were offered more vouchers to the value of £25 which we refused, all we wanted to get our 3 month old granddaughter settled.

We waited another ninety minutes and eventually were given keys to Sycamore 6 not a wooden lodge, no a "plastic" one which had hastily been deep cleaned and made up (looks like it had not been used since last season)which was in a less desirable position than all the other lodges on offer that are set around the lakes. Ours was adjacent to the touring pitches which over the Easter w/end rather resembled a shanty town, a cacophony of tents caravans and motor homes all pushed onto a grass area without any order of semblance whatsoever.

Quite a disappointment to what we expected and what other reviewers have positively written about this place but we still managed to make the best of what we had we made our own entertainment as swimming was a waste of time also the whole entertainment place was too packed to enjoy oneself of an evening.

I totally agree though with other reviewers that the facilities do not match the amount of people at the site they are simply not big enough at peak times and they are still building more saleable pitches at the front of the site.

The fishing lakes are strange well the larger lake has all private pitches around it so you can't fish where you like you can only fish from swims on the Island, the smaller Rudd lake looks like it will be the same but all pitches around the lake appear not to have been sold yet but the hard standings are there.

I certainly will not return to this place finding it poorly managed, generally dirty/untidy and unless you are an owner or prospective owner, the general public appear to be treated as 2nd class..

Visited April 2014
Greg L, Guest Relations Manager at Tattershall Lakes, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
I was so disappointed to read your review Johnny as this is not the experience that we would wish for our guests. Obviously I can't comment on another company's brochure but your booking with us was for a Comfort 6 lodge which was not given to another guest but unfortunately wasn't ready when you arrived, hence the vouchers you were given. Unfortunately we can only advise that accommodation is ready from 4pm not can we ever guarantee the location of any of our accommodation other than that which is reserved for our disabled guests. The lodges around the lakes are privately owned and we do offer many varying styles of lodges as well as our other grades of accommodation. I'm unsure as to why you describe swimming as a waste of time however this is down to personal taste. I must also advise that you can fish from Rudd Lake as well as the fishing lake as both of these have available pegs on them!
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from what should have been a 3 night stay in a superior lodge with my husband and two young children aged 11yr and 4yr.We had high expectations of this park.The website looked lovely and it seemed to have a lot of things to do and entertainment etc.When we checked into our lodge we were disappointed with what should have been a 'superior lodge' we felt the kitchen and bathroom was very dated and tired looking and the lodge was a bit smaller than what we thought we would get. We called reception to air our views to be told we could only be moved into a caravan as there were no other lodges available but we would have to wait a couple of hours for the cleaners to go in and prepare it.We chose to stick with what we had and make the best of it.We took the children swimming and the pool was beyond freezing!My youngest mouth literally turned blue and I couldn't bear to be in there for anymore than 10mins.The swimming pool changing rooms are communal cubicles that were muddy and filthy.People were allowed in with outdoor footwear on whilst people soaking wet were getting out of the pool and getting changed hence the 'muddy and filthy' conditions.Evening entertainment In the boathouse was extremely poor and the clubhouse itself was packed and uncomfortably hot.They should really invest in air conditioning or a bigger clubhouse.the size of the clubhouse is too small for the amount of people on the park.There are a lot of watersports on offer water skiing, jet skiing, wake boards etc which is all great for older children (teenagers and adults) but Its not for the younger guests.We tried to use the pedalos one day to be told they can only operate when there is a staff member who isn't too busy elsewhere to assist.We were told to come back in three hours time.Which we did and this we did enjoy.Apart from the pedals we couldn't really find anything else to do that we enjoyed so we actually checked out a day early and came home.Needless to say we probably won't be returning anytime soon.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Kinman82
Greg L, Guest Relations Manager at Tattershall Lakes, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
I'm sorry you found your holiday to be average given all of the great things there are to do on the park. Having said that, our website & brochure both do advise what we have on offer for each age group. Again, I'm sorry that you found your accommodation to be a little tired although our Guest Services team did offer to move you. The temperature of the pool was recorded as a little cooler than normal although our records show that it was still above the recommended temperature. Unfortunately we are unable to stop our guests from wearing their outdoor shoes inside the changing area however if there is a problem with mud within the area, our attendants will deal with this as soon as it is brought to their attention. Entertainment, as I'm sure you are aware, is completely down to personal taste although and naturally I'm sorry if we were unable to impress you on this occasion. It would be impossible for us to provide seating for every single one of our guests as this would require the Entertainment area to be hugely enlarged which in turn would not be practical however it is most unusual for this area to be filled to capacity and again I would like you to accept my apologies if it was so during your holiday.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“saved from divorce!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

We had decided to have a short break just up the road from us, nice and easy. My husband and I have been before so know how simple it is to arrive,pitch and relax,I have helped several family and friends get booked in this year and given then the 50pound off vouchers we were sent for family and friends to use, hubby said e are booked in are we? Of course we are I said, I rang the next day fully booked!!! The staff were amazing I was totally honest with them which may I add did give them a chuckle but Eddie went above and beyond to help me and came up with a solution which he really diddnt have to, he has shown us to our pitch before and I can remember being impressed with the process then but thanks to Eddie we are going to have a lovely break with our daughter and her friend,kick back and chill out which is so needed! So thanks to the staff who were so lovely on the phone who made a difference when they diddnt have too and my hubby is blissfully unaware with the attached promise they won't tell him! Can't wait to go think I will tell him tho when we are all set up and sat with a glass of wine! Thankyou so much

Visited March 2014
1 Thank louise h
Greg L, Guest Relations Manager at Tattershall Lakes, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Extremely happy to read that Eddie was not only able to save the day but he also saved your marriage Louise! He's a wonderful asset to the park & you only have to read the comments on forums such as these to know how much he is appreciated by all of our tenting & touring guests as well as his colleagues!
Sheffield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A lovely weekend , no thanks to Tattershall Lakes.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

Arrived for a two night stay to bring in the New Year. On arrival we were directed to the touring field by the warden who attended shortly after. He said that we had booked a hard standing and that he only had one available, otherwise it would have to be grass. He asked us to reverse a little the turn right on to the track leading to the pitch. This we did going into a rut prior to mounting a speedhump then back into another pothole resulting in my motormover cover being smashed. (At least the warden had the courtesy to collect the bits and hand them to me).
On arrival at the pitch, we found this to have been drilled and screwed in various places for an awning and the screw heads left protruding by about an inch. Luckily we didn't drive straight onto the hard standing or we may have sustained multiple punctures.
We were advised that the site club/bar would be open that evening and we duly took advantage of this, however not for long. The smell of stale beer from the carpet was terrible and we quickly departed and took advantage of the lovely pub outside the park.
We decided to shower prior to spending the New Year in the restaurant next door, what a laugh that was. The shower block is nice with push buttons for the water. When pushed , it sounds like a donkey braying in pain (The pump I think) however the strange and annoying thing is that the water seems to be on a meter as it switched off completely after about three minutes.
On return home, I asked on two occasions for compensation (£22.98) for the smashed cover citing the potholes/ruts. The initial response was that there was no potholes. On supplying photographs of same, they concluded that they could not have been responsible for the incident,
this despite the warden being in attendance, witnessing the incident and then handing me the broken parts. It wasn't the first time that we have been on this site but I can assure you it will be the last. A big drop in standards from our previous visit.

Visited December 2013