“Sun Holiday”

and 1 more site!
Tattershall Lakes Country Park
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tattershall
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Beautiful location, which in the summer would be beautiful, lovely to have the ducks looking for food in the mornings, however my niggles were that there was not hard standing or paving slabs outside the caravan steps which made it extremely slippy when it was raining, and our electric went off and it took ages before we could locate someone to put it right, and that was by the night security man who was really helpful, but by all accounts it wasnt his job to do this, however we were very grateful he did.as we had tried telephoning and we tried to get some help in the club house without success , resulting in us having to drive to the guest services.

Directions on the site are poor we were in the sycamores which is spread in 2 different areas, but only 1 is signposted, hard work in the rain trying to find a caravan when you are skidding on mud and avoiding big puddles and holes in the roads.
Granted we didnt pay a lot for the holiday, but I would be even more unhappy had I paid the full price which some people would have done.
The caravan itself was lovely I have no complaints about that.
Meal deal was good value and food was good quality, my only complaint was the over welming smell of grease which wasnt as inviting.

Room Tip: I would go for a lodge if we went again
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Greg L, Guest Relations Manager at Tattershall Lakes Country Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

I was concerned to read you were not given the help you needed when you asked for help at our clubhouse and would now ask that you write to me direct at our Head Office so that I can make the necessary enquiries for you. I would hope that all of our guests are treated with the same respect regardless of how much they paid for their holiday.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,536)

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We got back today from a 3 night break here and I am so sad to of left we had our 20 month old with us and it was such a nice comfortable place caravan was fab and the setting with the lakes was beautiful can't wait to go back excellent location Lincoln was lovely place to visit

• Stayed: November 2013

Thanks for the 5 stars you have awarded us and for your kind comments which are always nice to hear. Taking a 20 month old baby away on holiday is usually a very stressful thing to do so it was especially great to hear your short break was such a success!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Friendly staff, from Eddie the warden who welcomed us with concern about the storm and safety and clear guidance on where to pitch, to the young lifefuard (Dragon?) who made my kids time in the pool super fun! I was worried about the bar / clubhouse being run down after other reviews but found it clean and presentable, though the arcade machines could probably do with a look at, as a lot seemed not to be working. (My children are 5 & under, so I still get awaywithnot having any money that fits the machines) The view from the top bar over the lake superb and great things for the kids to do. I imagine the clubhouse would be a bit small in high season when packed and drinks were a bit expensive but atmosphere was great and again staff friendly!
Planes going over were noisy a couple of days but great fun for the kids (adult and small) to watch them doing fantastic displays. My father in law enjoyed the swimming, husband the golf and all of us cyling and walking round the lakes and feeding the very friendly ducks.The shop was expensive but this was balanced by convience and the lady there very friendly, my 5 year old went to show her her halloween outfit!
Some pools of water on the touring site (we brought our own motorhome) but the ground dried out quickly and was surprisingly solid underfoot for the time of year . One lovely playground but such nice weather, kids were mostly runing around and cycling, hardly even went to the free activities inmorning. They loved the witch hunt and the early evening games and dancing.
Excellant site, with something for everyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Wow, another 5* review! It always pleases me immensely when guests praise our teams on park as this is such a very important part of everybody's holiday and I will certainly pass your comments on to all of the teams. I'm glad the kids loved the Witch Hunt which seemed to be very well received this year & hopefully will be included in next year's proceedings

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Our lodge Bittern Lodge On Duck Lagoon was lovely. The new owners Ros & Julian were lovely & whole week was great. The activities for the kids would have been fun if we could have booked any!! & the pool needs to be open much longer hours but still excellent. The young team that ran the entertainments did an amazing job Halloween eve & our kids really loved it. Would definately come again

• Stayed: October 2013

Glad to hear you all enjoyed your holiday & plan to return which is what we, as a Management team, always hope to hear!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

The lodge we had was lovely and it looked over the duck pond. We have a veranda and so it was lovely watching all the ducks.

The club house was old and smelled funny, although prices were reasonable. The entertainment team did a lovely job on Halloween night.

There was not too much to do in the day and I thought that there might be more on for the kids. However, it was not Lincolnshire's half term this week., although it is ours.
The pool was nice and I enjoyed the steam room.

I will take bikes next time because that would have been good although they can be hired for £4 an hour I think.

One thing I would REALLY have liked and it isn't a criticism- just a hope for the future. I'd have liked a farm type shop- fresh bread in the morning and fresh eggs and duck eggs would have been so lovely. Maybe even some local honey/jam. Like I said, this isn't a criticism at all.

Room Tip: We stayed in a comfort lodge and it was ideal. Flat screen TV, nice bathroom, well equipped kitchen...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

As it is nearing the end of the season daytime entertainment will have slowed down and as you have already said, it was not half term in the Lincolnshire area at the time of your holiday. However it was great to hear you will visit us again and I will also pass on your suggestion re: local produce to the owners of the shop on park

Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in a private lodge and would give that a 5 the park it self a 4 and the club house a 2 ,the park was amazing several tree lined lakes with loads of water sports and fishing ,take bikes as there are paths and link roads all round park ,staff seem friendly and we were helped when we arrived even though we had booked a lodge privately .the club house seemed a little grubby there was no bar staff in the bar upstairs and both pool tables were broken lots of food on the floor and it seemed pretty understaffed ,beer prices were reasonable though ,all in all would recommend tattershall lakes .

Stayed: October 2013
Greg L, Guest Relations Manager at Tattershall Lakes Country Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Thank you for your review of the park albeit you were seeing it at the very end of the season and not when the park is in full swing so to speak. The upstairs bar is not normally manned at this time of the year so it would be interesting to hear your review if you returned at a time when there were more guests on the park. Maybe we can tempt you back next Spring for example!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

What can I say stayed 21st Oct till 25th Oct best holiday ever . My husband fished and me and my five year old enjoyed the fab scenery and entertainment of an evening. Clean ,well maintained and we are booking for next year just we will be staying longer thank you for a great holiday

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Fantastic title to your review Jillian which made me smile! Glad you had a great time & looking forward to seeing you again next year

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tattershall
Supreme Inns
The Lincoln Hotel
The Lincoln Hotel
#7 of 14 in Lincoln
DoubleTree by Hilton Lincoln

Been to Tattershall Lakes Country Park? Share your experiences!