We had a great sunny weekend at the end of May, a group of 5 families with children aged 2-13 years in both tents and tourers. The park offers facilities for most age ranges and it has great potential. We enjoyed our break but were very disappointed by the toilet block. We were based on the Woodland retreat camping field, an all grass area which seemed great for our group and offered the opportunity to camp in a sociable circle.
The issues we encountered however included:
The shower/toilet block on this part of the field where we camped appeared to be quite new but was never particularly clean throughout the long w/end, even after I arrived at the block just after cleaning; were regularly out of loo roll; were in bad state of repair all w/end with only one light bulb working in the 10 or so cubicles on one particular night (eventually replaced) wobbley seats, broken coat hooks and no soap dispensers in any of the separate toilet/shower cubicles. During the w/end the showers were scalding hot (temperature couldn't be altered), to the point where we had to go to another block a walk away. The toilets were soon filthy from the transfer of grass into the toilets - since the units had both toilet and shower within the cubicle, this meant that there was an abundance of traffic using the cubicles and what appeared to be not enough staff tending to them; so you had to contend with filthy floors when showering if you did get past the scolding water issue.....
Although the toilet block looked modern and new, unfortunately it wasn't fit for purpose at any point that I used it, which is a real shame as otherwise this would have been a nice location.
We went for a walk to the park one evening and noticed how cramped the tents and tourers were around the children's play park, it was mayhem, so we definitely had the better location....
We paid for the break in Jan when offered half price and paid £42 for 2 nights. I would have been very disappointed paying full price as we didn't use the pub/club or any of the other facilities this w end, it was mainly pitch based socialising and walks in the end due to the nice weather.
We are going back in October for a hot tub break, this was booked before we camped and hope this will be a much better experience.
I would like to hope that the Mgmt will take note of the reviews pointing out that a park of this size needs much more regular maintenance inspections and cleaning schedules to ensure the very basics are acceptable and then I'm sure this will mean families can enjoy the rest that the park has to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great Location Tattershall Lakes Country Park is not just your normal run-of-the-mill holiday park, but something really special. If you are looking for that elusive 'quality time' then we can offer just what you are looking for. Our beautiful park is set amongst stunning parkland, lakes and woodland. The wonderful location and our friendly staff are set to provide you with lots of smiles and a very enjoyable family holiday. Located in the heart of Lincolnshire, nestled between the Fens and the Wolds, Tattershall Lakes Country Park simply has loads to do.Plenty to do... There's a lake for Jet-skiing, another for Water-skiing and three lakes for fishing! There is an 9 hole Golf Course and a brand new crazy golf course. We've invested an extensive amount into our facilities for 2016 to enhance your customer experience. You can now enjoy our brand new Merlin Complex which comes with a brand new bar and restaurant called the Spitfire, new arcades and games group, new Propeller Bar balcony to enjoy lakeside views and new vibrant outdoor seating area. We also have added some great new facilities such as an outdoor Splash Park and adventure playground for kids. It is perfect for exploring the wealth of attractions in the vibrant and exciting county of Lincolnshire, if you want to get out and about, then you need look no further. But if you fancy just taking it easy why not take a leisurely walk or bike ride around this fabulous 325 acre park.Water Skiing & Wakeboarding Our 60-acre water skiing lake boasts tranquil panoramic views and is equipped with a homologated slalom and jump coarse, so of course it is an exceptional water skiing and wakeboarding environment for the expert and novice of all ages.Jet Skiiing We have a dedicated lake, which spans over 45 acres of clean water and encompasses a competition racecourse for you to test your skills. Plus a Spa which has great value spa treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Tattershall Lakes Country Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tattershall Lakes Country Park Hotel Tattershall
- Tattershall Lakes Country Park Lincolnshire