“Very poor takeaway”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We use this restaurant very regularly both dining in and the take away side, we have always raved about it to our friends...not tonight. The delivery was 30 minutes late, the king prawn puree came without the pastry / paratha, the Murgh Mossalam (medium) was very mild, the Sri Lankan chicken was in the usual sauce but the chicken pieces were extremely dry. I called to complain and spoke to the manager who accepted it was 30 minutes late but "the chef has been there for at least two years and they've never had a complaint about food being bland - it must be because it got cold on the way" I'm no chef but I don't think spice goes out of the food when it cools down and is it really acceptable that the food goes cold on a 10 minute journey?! He asked for our address and said we weren't a regular, odd we have had at least 4 takeaways, not incl this one since New years eve alone and gone into the restaurant on a number of occasions, clearly that means nothing. I had heard negative comments about Rocky but up until now we have never experienced them but have to say we wont be visiting again. Rocky its about time you sorted your customer service skills out and listened to your customers and their complaints!

3  Thank FewSears

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I recently booked the restaurant for a large works party and I was not let down.
The food was excellent and the service was efficient and friendly.
My booking was for 50 people and I was given an excellent rate per head with no shortages of food or drink to mention.
Everyone was served at the same time and the food arrived piping hot. Cannot complain at that.
PS, the fish curry is a must!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I can safely say that this is a very good Indian restraunt that is more Bangladeshi as are most in Lincolnshire but I quiet like that particular style. The curry that are offered are of a very good standard with defined flavours for each, so not from a generic base curry and there is a particular Naga pepper pickle curry which is great, hot but you can extract all the flavours from it just right. The rices are of good quality with plenty of ground spices and all tandoori dishes are of a good standard also.

There are particular areas that need addressing one being the atmosphere as the place is so big it really only gets full at weekends so don't go in the week if your looking for atmosphere. I think it would help if they decorated the large room and separated it up as its like eating in a school dinner hall at present.

The manager rocky does need to be carefull I don't mind him but ssometimes it is obviously oils he has had a drink but not a lot though and the way he talks down to the staff occasionally. There are moments when you want to be left alone while eating also as he does talk a lot but not every visit.

I like the food here and it is genuinely good but due to the atmosphere as I do eat out in the week a lot I ha e decided to start using the surma due to their constant level of professional ism, quality of food andatmosphere. If they can amend the other issues this would be a great place and that is why I have given it a five

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Ordered poppadoms and chutneys, Naan bread , Chicken Bandami , Aschari lamb , and Chicken Pasanda pilau rice and Tarka daal .
Restaurant was very busy , and at times it seemed the kitchen was struggling to keep up . All dishes were well prepared- though i've been to better Indian restaurants . I wasn't impressed with the raw unpainted plaster on the wall where it was obvious that the lighting unit in our booth had been changed recently .
An impromptu sing along with a girl who's birthday it happened to be , and her very pissed mother telling the whole restaurant to keep quiet while she sang didn't add to the experience .
In conclusion this is an ok Indian restaurant trying to get away from bhunas tikkas et al , but i don't think its quite there yet .

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Don't know where this women is from!!! All I can guess is that she works for the one of the other Indian establishments in Barton!!!
Is she commuting from Leeds?
As we can see, she is on her own with her review. All of us regular customers know how good the service and food is. By the way, congratulations on the new booths and refurbishment in the restaurant. It i now better than ever.