“What horrible staff!!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
“What horrible staff!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

I have visited this chip shop for years, only because the food is nice. However, the staff, especially the 'woman' who has worked there for years, is probably the most miserable, hateful, unwelcoming person that I have ever had the misfortune to come across. The rest of the staff come a close second in terms of appalling customer service. I will never go there again - as they make you feel like you are asking for the world - i only wanted a fish!!!!!I can't believe the owner still employs such horrible staff!! Obviously he doesn't care as long as people keep buying the fish and chips!!!!

3 Thank Barton29

“Lovly food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I have been a regular customer for years but as im a quite person iv never realy spoken much to the staff they havent generaly greeted me well just whos next.. thats it no good buy or thankyou ect . The grey haird man frying is quite rude at times to the staff and customers. My last few visits have been very nice there seems to be a new younger girl working there whos always very polite to me greets with a smile chats to customers nice to see a smile in the place.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Food is good but staff are rude!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

We always come here for our fish & chips and can't really knock the food but wouldn't say it's the best in the country! Although the food is nice, the staff always seem so rude, so bored and so unenthusiastic. This would automatically put your experience at this chippy on a downer. The last time we went in (and haven't been since) we were the first in line as they opened, we stood inside the shop for 10 minutes before any member of staff even spoke to us or even said hello. The man who cooks the fish at the back eventually shouted over to us - 'what do you want' just a bit rude! I asked him for a battered pineapple for my mum and he bit my head off and shouted at me asking why I hadn't asked for that as soon as I walked in as they take a while to cook. Maybe if he had taken the time to acknowledge his customers I would of felt more comfortable shouting over to him to ask!! I think they all just need to learn some manors and learn how to smile - then perhaps it could become close the being one of the best chippies!!

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank Barton-x
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“service without a smile”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

the food was very good but the only thing that spoilt it was the miserable old women that was serving when we entered the shop would have killed her to smile or say hallo apparently it would have done because she didn't do either of these things. She said that they had no fish left and just as we where walking out a guy at the back of the shop asked us how many fish we wanted the look old the old women's face when he said this was absolutely horrified that she was having to work later and then as we waited for the order we could tell that she was slagging us off to another staff member. but we had the last laugh when she was forced to work even longer when a women came in and ask for 7 sausage and chips her face at this was so funny :) a suggestion would be to have a word about her attitude towards customers.

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“best chip shop ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

best chip shop ever, great value and choice and very large portion sizes would recommend to all visitors

Visited July 2013