“Night out with friends”
Review of Stables Restaurant - CLOSED

Stables Restaurant
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Here at Stables we produce good quality food, using a variety of local suppliers who have they're own individual expertise in food etc. We have a dedicated team of staff whose number one goal is to make sure every customer leaves the restaurant with a smile. Visit us and find out for yourselves.
Barton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Night out with friends”
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Love this place, everything great except the oven chips, very busy the night we went but service was good. Had run out of several menu items but suggested alternatives. Not the cheapest place in town but worth the extra for the quality we have always received

Visited November 2013
Stables R, Manager at Stables Restaurant, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
I am very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable evening here at Stables, and would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your wonderful comments, which will be passed on to all of our staff.

I can assure you that all of our chips are hand-cut by a very industrious young man and that we do not use oven chips except in the most dire of situations! Also, I would like to thank you for your understanding in regard to the missing menu items. As I am sure you can appreciate, we are very busy and their are some occasions when we will run out of some things; However, as mentioned, we will always endeavour to provide a suitable alternative where possible!

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you all soon!

Martin Gilbert,
Restaurant Manager

“Thank you for an amazing evening!”
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Last night, 11 of us celebrated my friends hen night at the stables and had such a good night thanks to all the staff :)
Everyone was so accommodating to us even if we were a bit merry and noisy! We were given the upstairs for our table and I was allowed to decorate the room as I pleased for the evening. We were each greeted by yummy cocktails followed by absolutely delicious food. We had a set menu and had pre ordered our food. A lot of the party had the prawn cocktail or anti pasti for starters which no one left and all said that it was amazing. My friends will always order the anti pasti whenever they go to stables as they all love it! The mains were also to die for! The mushroom stroganoff basket was delicious and again, barely anything was left over. Couldn't fault it.
We all had such a good night and thank you to all the staff for being so amazing and accommodating!

Thank you for your kind words, and we are very happy to know that you all enjoyed your evening. We are always happy to help tailor an event to our guests requirements, whether is be a buffet for a christening, or a hen party for a smaller group of friends. We have a great range of menus for larger parties, and can provide cocktails and specialised drinks when requested, in our excellent private dining room.

I will be sure to pass on all of your lovely comments to all our staff, and we hope to see you all again in the future!

Martin Gilbert
Barton upon Humber, England, United Kingdom
“Birthday treat”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We went as a party of 7 to celebrate an 18th birthday. We booked a table for 7.30, on arrival the restaurant was very busy. 3 of us had starters,very average and small portions. Our main course was not served until 9o'clock! We were offered a reduction and did not pay for the starters as even the staff had realised how long we had been waiting, however we will not go again. As always front of house staff were friendly and helpful, pity the back room staff are letting them down.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank bretonreeds
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable evening with us at Stables, especially when you were celebrating a milestone event.

We always endeavour to serve all of our guests in a timely manner, with food prepared fresh by our great team of chefs. There are occasions when we are extremely busy, and the speed at which the meals being served may decrease. We are taking all necessary steps possible to ensure that the speed of service remains at a more than satisfactory level at all times so that instances such as this do not happen again.

All of our staff work very hard at providing the best possible experience for our guests, and we are happy to hear that this is noticed, and appreciated, by our customers, but is is a team effort and we all share the plaudits, and criticisms, however they may come.

Again, I am sorry that it was not the best night for you, and I do hope you give us another opportunity, so that you can see the wonderful job that is done by all at Stables.

Martin Gilbert,
Restaurant Manager.
Lincs
“Won't get a 3rd chance”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Went to stables again having avoided it for a year after a poor meal but people had told me it had improved.

Well the antipasti was bland and not served with any kind of bread and the calzone was raw and stodgy on the bottom and burnt on the top and the filling was also raw. My wife's stroganoff was watery and served with oven chips rather than rice and made her ill the next day.

Then to top off the dining experience the bill was not calculated properly and I almost paid for the next tables bottle of wine and beer!

Pizza Hut tops this place for fine cuisine and service!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank DisappointedLincs
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments, and I am very sorry to hear that you have not enjoyed your dining experience with us.

In regards to your comments about the food, we welcome any of our guests to let us know of any issues they may have, whether it is items that may be missing, which we are happy to provide upon request, or if there is an issue with the food itself, to either make an adjustment, or to provide a fresh item so that the guest may enjoy fully their dining experience. Obviously, if we are not made aware of any issues, it is very difficult for us to rectify a problem.

It is unfortunate that there was an error made when the bill was being calculated, but we are always happy to make any adjustments of mistakes that are brought to our attention, because as I am sure we all know, everyone makes mistakes!

Again, I offer my deepest apologies that you have not enjoyed your evening at Stables, but we appreciate any comments provided so that we can make any necessary adjustments to our service, and will always take every step to ensure that these issues are not repeated.

Martin Gilbert
Lincolnshire, Illinois
“Friendly atmosphere & lovely food”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My friend and I have had several lunchtime meals at the Stables Restaurant and we have found the food extremely tasty and well cooked. The staff are always friendly and more than helpful.
I have also been on an evening a couple of times with my husband (who can be quite fussy) and the quality of food was extremely high and filling.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant so much so we've booked again!!!

• Visited October 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words, and we are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your visit with us. We are always happy to assist with any requests our guests may have, whether it is related to food allergies, decorating tables or any number of smaller matters.

Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.