“Absolutely Beautiful Home”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

hazelLake...
Lakewood
“Absolutely Beautiful Home”
Reviewed February 6, 2013 for a stay in January 2013
people found this review helpful

I have been along the Coast Rd. and know just how beautiful the scenery is, and wanted to stay there for a week, and chose Cunna Ban much to my great satisfaction. Since it is a quiet time of the year, and my flight from the states arrived about 7:00 the owner was kind enough to let me check in early just to make it easier for me especially since nothing is really open at that time of the morning. After I arrived at the property, and met the caretaker Ann-Marie, (more about her a little later on) I realized it was exactly as described on the web-site, and quickly knew how wise my decision was to stay at this property. It was in pristine condition, and nothing was lacking in this beautiful home. I snuggled under the beautiful comforter at night, and slept soundly until the next morning when I could plan where I would go that day. Ten minutes in either direction will take you to Lisdoonvarna or Ballyvaughn which are lovely villages, and from there you can venture to Galway City. A little beyond that I would suggest visiting the beautiful Kylemore Abbey that has a wonderful history that one should read up on, then venture on to Clifden and visit Walsh bakery just for a few erxtra pounds, and I can prove that.

Next, thank goodness for Ann Marie who answered endless questions about this and that with a smile on her face every time, and probably wondered what planet I came from. For instance, I was surprised to find the stove had a gas burner, and an electric stove as here is the states its either one or the other. I left Ireland knowing I had made a friend that I will surely keep in touch with.

If you find you need something in a hurry there is a small convenience store/post office right down the road that will take care of emergency needs.

Do yourself a favor and stay at this beautiful home.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: everything
Liked least: nothing
Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Plymouth Devon England
Reviewed December 5, 2012 for a stay in October 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
Blancanie...
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Lovely, spacious modern house in stunning area”
Reviewed August 9, 2012 for a stay in July 2012

This is a recently built property and we were privileged to be the first guests. We were really delighted with the cottage and the surrounding area.

We were warmly welcomed and found the cottage to be superbly equipped and pristinely clean. The rooms are spacious with wooden floors throughout and lovely views. It's set in a peaceful location on the beautiful Burren coast.

It's worth knowing that it takes about 40 mins from Fanore to join the main Galway road, so this is definitely a location for peace and quiet rather than easy access to Galway / Limerick etc. That said, the Cliffs of Moher, Doolin and Lisdoonvarna are all just a few minutes away by car.

It's also worth bringing lots of cash as not every restaurant/shop takes a card and it was common for us to be told that the nearest cash dispenser was 15 miles away!

We would definitely recommend this cottage and the Burren area.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Clean, modern, well equipped cottage
Liked least: The R477 from Fanore to the N67. Very slow-going with all the tourist coaches!
Traveling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing
;