“Fresh local food packed full of flavour - a lovely birthday dinner.”
Review of The Kings Arms

The Kings Arms
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Wing
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Culinary Heartbeat of Rural Rutland.The Kings Arms is a 17th Century Inn situated in the peaceful & secluded conservation village of Wing. Surrounded by beautiful buildings of local stone and Colly Weston slate this quintessential English Inn nestles amidst rolling green hills and picture postcard villages. Within easy reach of Peterborough, Stamford, Melton Mowbray, Uppingham and Oakham and only 2 miles from Rutland Water.A laid back, relaxed ambiance is complemented by award winning cuisine created by our team of chefs dedicated to providing the finest food in the area. Villagers and visitors will be found side by side at the Kings Arms creating that wonderful British country pub ambience. Our friendly and motivated staff serves traditional, artisanal and innovative pub fare on rustic wooden kitchen tables, surrounded by beamed ceilings, flagstone floors & open fires. All this alongside a large selection of fine wines, local ales, ciders and traditional soft drinks and you have an experience worth coming out for.The Kings Arms Wing also offers a total of 8 Bedrooms and Suites rated 4 Star by the AA since 2004. 4 rooms in the adjacent ‘ Old Village Bakehouse’ and 4 more in ‘Orchard House’ further up the long private drive. All of our spacious bedrooms are ensuite, with large flatscreen televisions and wi’fi is available throughout.At the top of the long private drive surrounded by a small young Orchard, fruit cages and our laying hens, we have a large off-road car park which can also accommodate small boat trailers, horseboxes and even motorhomes.
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We used the excuse of a birthday dinner for our first trip to the The Kings Arms. Luckily this time booking well in advance to secure a table (previous attempts have found them already fully booked - their reputation clearly speaks for itself). The wait was well worth it. A superb meal of high quality local produce, served on hot plates, by attentive staff in a cosy, characterful and unpretentious setting. We loved every mouthful. Thank you very much King's Arms - we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We went in and had dinner at one of the bar tables as restaurant was fully booked, they accomadated our group with children and dogs and the food and service was brilliant, a wide range of locally sourced produce.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Forgot how good food can be until visiting this restaurant! The quality of the food was superb and the owners clearly take pride from where they source their ingredients - photos etc. on the walls showing their various suppliers with pride. The service was very good and polite staff. Homemade mustard and horseradish sauce was lovely. We had the beef, which was perfectly cooked and a nice selection of veg. The sweets are to die for. I had Xmas pudding ice cream deep fried! The prices are perhaps above average, but with the quality being well well above average this is a fantastic value restaurant. We will certainly be going back!

1  Thank RichinLeics
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Thank you Trip Advisor...if you didn't exist, I would never have found this lovely restaurant. I fancied a day out for a nice Sunday lunch, googled restaurants in Rutland and this came up. The location is lovely and yet still not far off the main A1. The food was wonderful, so fresh, I'm surprised I didn't hear mine bleating! The price in comparison to the quality of the food was terrific value for money, I've spent a lot more & eaten far poorer stuff for my £. The atmosphere was lovely & relaxed, staff were friendly but not hovering, they paid attention to plates being emptied but didn't show up within 10 seconds of the cutlery going down, so I felt noticed but not harassed and very definitely not ignored. The pudding was gorgeous and overall, neither myself nor my mother-in-law could find a fault. Will look forward to going again and thoroughly recommend.

1  Thank Carol D
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We are regulars here. It's not my local though, we travel nearly 50 miles round trip. But boy is it worth it! I love the ethics, I love the food and I love the ambiance. Great to take friends, or all the family or we often just 'couple' it.