“Excellent Sunday lunch”
Review of The Kings Arms

The Kings Arms
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Wing
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Culinary Heartbeat of Rural Rutland.The Kings Arms is a 17th Century Inn situated in the peaceful & secluded conservation village of Wing. Surrounded by beautiful buildings of local stone and Colly Weston slate this quintessential English Inn nestles amidst rolling green hills and picture postcard villages. Within easy reach of Peterborough, Stamford, Melton Mowbray, Uppingham and Oakham and only 2 miles from Rutland Water.A laid back, relaxed ambiance is complemented by award winning cuisine created by our team of chefs dedicated to providing the finest food in the area. Villagers and visitors will be found side by side at the Kings Arms creating that wonderful British country pub ambience. Our friendly and motivated staff serves traditional, artisanal and innovative pub fare on rustic wooden kitchen tables, surrounded by beamed ceilings, flagstone floors & open fires. All this alongside a large selection of fine wines, local ales, ciders and traditional soft drinks and you have an experience worth coming out for.The Kings Arms Wing also offers a total of 8 Bedrooms and Suites rated 4 Star by the AA since 2004. 4 rooms in the adjacent ‘ Old Village Bakehouse’ and 4 more in ‘Orchard House’ further up the long private drive. All of our spacious bedrooms are ensuite, with large flatscreen televisions and wi’fi is available throughout.At the top of the long private drive surrounded by a small young Orchard, fruit cages and our laying hens, we have a large off-road car park which can also accommodate small boat trailers, horseboxes and even motorhomes.
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We arrived at lunchtime on Mothering Sunday and somehow the very helpful staff managed to find room for us. Wonderful atmosphere with big log fire. Excellent menu, with choice of size of dish, and delicious food. Also great sofas to sit on before and afterwards.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stopped by for a nice meal, prior to returning to the United States. We were extremely satisfied with the food and service. It topped off a very nice vacation!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Visited Tuesday night during half term and only one other couple in for dinner. Excellent menu choice and as I like game etc. I selected air dried wild boar. This was a simple dish but very tasty and as good as any of the high quality hams from Spain or Italy. My wife had the pigeon salad and was also very pleased with this. For main I had guinea fowl as the roe deer had sold out and my wife the saddle of lamb. Both were cooked perfectly and had enough accompanying vegitables to not need any additional sides. Mind you we had demolished the freshly baked sour dough loaf they had brought us before the starters arrived! We shared a dessert and luckily both of us wanted to try the local ale sticky toffee pudding with a local real ale ice cream. This was amazing and we were fighting for the last portion. We judge sticky toffee puds on those from Cartmel and although different in flavour this was just as good.
The Cooking real ale was delicious as was the wine by the glass my wife had.
This was an outstanding pub restaurant meal and reasonably priced for the quality of food provided. My wife was especially impressed with their ethos on using local produce that had been ethically cared for.
Go and treat yourself.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Have not been for a while so called in for lunch. Could not find one starter I would want to eat. Son had carpaccio of beef and wolfed it down, Husband had black pudding fritters. Had shepherds pie for main course and it was ok, quite home made tasting. Shame it came served in something that looks like a small dog bowl. Once I emptied it onto the plate it was quite fluid. Nice selection of veg served with it. Had chocolate mousse for dessert and it was nice, served with fresh berries and cream. An ok meal, bit on the expensive side. Service slow. Room cold despite a real fire burning away. I won't be in any rush to go back. Quite surprised it is so busy, nothing special.

Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic place. Food excellent,very good quality and big portions too.Atmosphere great! Been there with my husband. Loved evetything about it. We will go back for my birthday