“A fabulous welcome and a meal to die for!”

Gino's Pear Tree Bar & Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Gino’s Pear Tree Woodhouse Eaves. Beautifully situated within the heart of the national forest this old 18th century inn has been lovingly restored into a chic Italian restaurant by the brothers 'Albiniano'. Please enjoy exploring our page and discover a little more about us. Riccardo, Gianni & Marco.
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Our night at Gino's pear Tree Bar and Restaurant was perfect from start to finish. The atmosphere and welcoming feel as we arrived was excellent, it felt like a really special night out and it truely was. We couldn't fault the menu and when the food arrived my mouth was watering just looking at it. Excellent food, service and surroundings. We will certainly be back again very soon!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

This is the second time my mother and I have eaten here for our birthday lunch out, both times have been superb. We arrived on Saturday lunchtime nice and early so had our pick of the seating. We chose the snug, which is very cosy although the rest of the seating is very nice too.

They have redecorated since I was there last year. It looks and feels stylish and cosy, perfect for either a family meal or an adults only trip out. The service was impeccable. We had focaccia bread with a freshly made basil mayo to start. I rarely choose the lasagne in an Italian restaurant, as I'm frequently disappointed but thought what the heck - and went for it. I tried to order some garlic bread to go with it, but the waiter politely talked me out of it....hmmmm. I wasn't too happy about it, but when the bread arrived I understood why...a whole freshly baked focaccia was placed before the two of us and oh my - it was delicious!

My mum had the ginger salmon, which was very, very nice. My lasagne was the best I'd ever tasted and clearly freshly made. Portion sizes are good, and the fact that the waiter didn't let me order more bread showed knowledge of the dishes and integrity.

Overall, the food is excellent. The service is excellent. The ambience is excellent. Will most definitely return, and would recommend to anyone who loves Italian cooking and appreciates a warm friendly place to eat.

Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

This year I booked our valentines meal early to avoid disappointment nearer the time, I didnt even know what was on the menu, but as this was where I wanted to go it didn't really matter.
On arriving at the restaurant we were approached by a waiter, I told him I had a reservation for two and he said oh good and sat us at a nearby table. Having booked for valentines and bellini's on arrival I wasn't expecting to have to wait over fifteen minutes to be offered our "on arrival drinks" let alone be shown to a table which was not yet vacant. The lady apologised and asked if we wouldnt mind sitting in the snug instead not wanting to difficult we agreed, only to be greeted by a wobbly table and opposite the pizza oven so blazingly hot even the radiator was on full blast, needless to say we didnt hear any of the music just the kitchen pots banging and a massive ploom of smoke for the open fire. So lets see.....on ordering our food it was nice, although the prawns were a little rubbery in our starter but every thing else was spot on. Not once were we asked if we wanted any wine with our meal or water or anything else for that matter. Would of mentioned all of the above IF we were asked if EVERY THING WAS OK while we were there but know body was interested. On paying and leaving still no ask as to have we had a nice evening, no body even acknowledged us when left. Very disappointing to say the least.

1  Thank Forest1972
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I am a huge fan of Gino's Pear Tree. I Have eaten here a few times now, and each time I have been given a warm welcome and made to feel relaxed and comfortable.

The food is stunning and they offer a wide range of traditional Italian dishes which are freshly made with fresh ingredients.

This has become my favourite restaurant and I will be making sure I visit back there asap.

Its beautiful in the summer too, where you can sit in their 'Alfresco' area.

If you are in the Leicester/Leicestershire area, definitely pay them a visit! :)

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We came here two years ago for Valentines Day a meal and were stunned by the food and ambiance of the restaurant. On returning this year we were pleasantly surprised by the refurb which was quite nice. On arrival we were asked to take a seat whilst the waiter got us our Bellini's, we were in ear shot of the bar and all I could hear was the waiter apologising to a customer and going on about tripadvisor and what upset him - the waiter!!

Over 5- 10 mins later without our drinks, a waitress came to seat us to our table, she took us down in to the restaurant which was unbelievably crammed and what looked like the tables were only inches apart. I really didn't fancy sitting down there. She turned round to me and said, "oh I'm sorry your table isn't ready would you like to sit in the snug. to which I replied "yes that's fine". There were four tables in the snug, just the other side if the bar area. it looked like they had built on an addition area where pizza's were being made. it look very authentic. We sat down to which the table started to rock!!! Yey, a wobbly table!!, (a real bug bear of mine) the waitress did manage to fix . It was really hot as well , the radiator was on full blast behind us, the fire was roaring and the heat from the pizza oven.

When our starter came out, the waitress couldn't put the plate down because the glasses and candle were in the way and said " where would you like me to put this? So we cleared the glasses and shoved them to the side of the table. The only complaint I would have about the food would have been the starter and that the prawns were so overcooked they were like rubber. Other than that the main dish and the pudding were absolutely delicious!!!

The other thing I noticed was that there was a speaker in the snug and we could hear the music from that and music coming from the other end of the restaurant which was annoying. It was supposed to be a romantic evening but hardly that at all. When we had settled the bill and decided to leave, nobody acknowledged that we were leaving, no thank you, good bye or anything. So all in all a disappointing experience on the service side of things. And to say that it cost £45 per head we left feeling a little deflated. I'm so pleased we didn't sit down in the main restaurant as it felt it was just getting bums on seats so to speak.

I will be honest and say that I may try the pizza take out service, as we had a taster of one and was lovely. But unless they pick up on their points of service won't be eating there again. What's good food about if the service needs attention???? That's why I have only rated it 3 on the overall rating.