“Getting bad to worse”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pulau Ubin
Celestial Resort Pulau Ubin
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pulau Ubin
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

This is the third time staying in celestial resort. Came back as the previous experiences were good, room were clean with many facilities. Ever since they shifted their location nearer to the jetty, things have changed. The rooms, as what they called chalet rooms, are like a motel, or even worse. The toilet bowl flush isn't working, you will need to flush a FEW times to clear it. No basic stuff like cups, kettle, plates and many more. All the furniture seems like decades old. The bed was sandy and as for the TV, you can forget watching any show on it as the reception was terrible.

Bring your own water for consumption. The water from the tap is not only undrinkable but also filthy.

This third stay will be my last.

• Stayed: September 2013
8  Thank Ray X
There are newer reviews for Celestial Resort Pulau Ubin

Reviewed August 2, 2013

If you expect accommodation is not but it relax thank to the sea view and got away of crowd. The resort can be a higher room rate if it could be improved.

Once more time, please do not expect the accommodation but the beach. However, we love it.

We will be back and hope to see the improvement.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Paul P
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I came there for 3 times in total, but May 15th, 2013 was my first time spending a night there. My friend bought a voucher for 2 persons on deal.com.sg. Accommodation was average. Air conditioner was quite good, the room was sandy, but it's ok because we were on the beach. The beach was dirty, I was really disappointed. After doing kayaking, we got itchy. Staffs were very friendly and helpful. I needed some bottles of water at midnight, they were sleeping, I woke them up and ask for some water. He kindly gave me 2 bottles for free. i appreciated. Thank you for providing us a good experience

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dung235
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I went with my teenage daughter and am not the type that writes to write a review but after visiting this resort and so many negative remarks about it my girl said that we need to do some justice to the resort and the people that work here.

We just came back from our 2D/1N stay at the quiet resort to get away from the city noise. Staffs there was ready nice they offer mask if you need as it was hazy. They even help to push my rented bike (we rent it at the jetty) to my room seeing that my hands are full. They even remember where each guest stay and whatever you need they are prompt to assist and if its not possible they will explain with smiling faces

Hotel facilities are very basic and clean. A share kettle is provided, room lights are dim and TV channel are limited but all these are no issue to us as we came prepare with touch lights and we just need a decent place to sleep most of the time we are out hiking anyway. Breakfast is just butter bread with a hotdog and two fried spring rolls with eggs coffee/juice. Sea facing room are a plus point and catch the sun rise. Kaya, bike renter, fish spa, board games , etc at a fees if you need them to kill some time

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Happy4214
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Celestial Resort is a quiet and beautiful resort tucked away on Pulau Ubin island. It takes less than 5 minutes to cycle from the jetty. I was impressed with all the beautiful plants around the whole resort, and it makes it such a joy to walk through.

In terms of the rooms, it is rather simple and basic. Furniture looks a little dated, but it is generally clean. There is no cable TV and wifi, but I had no problems as most of the time on Ubin island was spent on cycling. I would recommend to rent bicycles at the jetty as oppose to renting it at the resort, as it is cheaper, and you can have a form of transport from the jetty to resort, and vice versa when you check out. It may take 20 mins to walk on foot.

There are several good seafood restaurants at the jetty, and my favourite is the Ubin First Stop Restaurant. Prices are cheap, and food quality. They tend to serve beer with ice cubes in it, so do be sure to let them know if you prefer not to.

Celestial resort also has some activities, but I only tried the fish spa for an hour. It was quite strange initially, but I got used to it pretty soon. My feet was noticeably smoother after the session.

Breakfast at the resort was nothing to shout about. If you are checking out early, I would recommend to have breakfast at Changi Village food centre (near jetty on the mainland) instead.

Room Tip: Get rooms that faces the sea to enjoy the great sunsets
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ellsetan
Reviewed December 2, 2012

My hubby & I went to stay at this Celestial Resort last August. (2D1N)
We enjoyed the environment. It's windy where we can relax, fishing while kayaking, cycling.and it's FUN! :)

We can actually fishing infront of the chalet we're staying. ;)

There's few things that lacking:
1) Bed is ok but the toilet is so dirty and the toilet door spoiled. (can't close the door)
2) tap water spoiled. -___-!!, we have to buy few bottles of mineral water just to wash up & brush teeth.

I hope that management will fix all the tap water for the room and clean the room/ toilet before any people stay in.

Room Tip: *Ask for the first/ second unit room that facing the sea. *Check the bathroom and tap water. *Don...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank winni3
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Bought a $40 groupon deal that includes full day bicycle rental, breakfast, lunch, kayak/fish spa.

For the price paid, I must say that it is worth every penny. Although dont expect quality bicycles that have gears to manouvere the slopes in pulau ubin, but usable for normal cycling.

Rooms were generally clean, but without the bathroom essentials like soap/shampoo, weird thing is that we found the water supply being cut off around 4am, not sure why is this so.

its about 10 minutes walk from the jetty and 'town' area of Pulau Ubin, however I think most shops close by 6pm. So if you want to dine out, be early.

The lunch that was included was surprisingly good, a choice of salmon spaghetti and a few other options. Did not wake up in time for breakfast though. I think you should just skip snorkelling and just go for kayaking, as I dont think you would be able to see anything in that quality of water. You may try the fish spa though, but not for the faint hearted as my friend bled abit from the hungry fishes.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is facing the sea.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
#12 of 13 in Sentosa Island
D'Kranji Farm Resort
D'Kranji Farm Resort
#230 of 316 in Singapore

Been to Celestial Resort Pulau Ubin? Share your experiences!