I have been comng over to the island for the last 8 years and have stayed at the casino hotel due to it having a large carpark but the poor quality of food of late made me look for somewhere else.
Mount Murray is the on qulaity hotel that has a decent sized car park but is 4 miles from Douglas in the middle of nowhere
The bedroom I had was a King size and was well equiped with good furnishings typical with 4stars.
Food was good with service exceptionally fast. An alternative is the Hop Garden Inn across the road which has very good food.
The staff are helpful, courteous and friendly.
Overall, a good hotel ideal for travellers with a car who don't like parking on the roadside.
But if you are looking for somthing special this hotel could be found anywhere in the UK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether your visit to the Isle of Man is for business or pleasure, Mount Murray Hotel Isle of Man offers a multitude of facilities for the discerning traveller. Perfectly set in 200 acres of beautiful Manx countryside and ideally located between the airport and Douglas, this AA rated four-star Isle of Man hotel, has 90 of the largest bedrooms, superb health and fitness centre, hydrotherapy unit and indoor swimming pool.The Mount Murray is the only Isle of Man hotel with its own 18-hole championship golf course with spectacular views across the Island.Extensive conference and banqueting facilities offer a variety of suites to meet requirements for any event, be it a business presentation or a romantic wedding reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Mount Murray Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Murray Hotel And Country Club
- Mount Murray Hotel & Country Club Isle Of Man/Santon