I was led to believe that this was THE hotel to stay at whilst visiting the Isle of Man. Sadly, I wasn't impressed. On a positive note, the hotel is situated in a beautiful area and, if you like golf, on the doorstep to a golf course. The staff were pleasant and helpful and the breakfasts were very good.
On a more negative note, my room was dark with no temperature control. There was a radiator, but that was it! The lighting in the bathroom lighting was dire. Very difficult to have a wet shave and no good for my wife to apply her beauty treatments!!
The pool was very cold and looked more like a public baths. That said, I loved the hydrotherapy area.
This is a hotel that promises much, but delivers a lot less.
I visit the IOM about once a year and will not use this hotel anymore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether your visit to the Isle of Man is for business or pleasure, Mount Murray Hotel Isle of Man offers a multitude of facilities for the discerning traveller. Perfectly set in 200 acres of beautiful Manx countryside and ideally located between the airport and Douglas, this AA rated four-star Isle of Man hotel, has 90 of the largest bedrooms, superb health and fitness centre, hydrotherapy unit and indoor swimming pool.The Mount Murray is the only Isle of Man hotel with its own 18-hole championship golf course with spectacular views across the Island.Extensive conference and banqueting facilities offer a variety of suites to meet requirements for any event, be it a business presentation or a romantic wedding reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mount Murray Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Murray Hotel And Country Club
- Mount Murray Hotel & Country Club Isle Of Man/Santon