“waitress service/ position of room near noisy link bridge”

Mount Murray Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Santon
Leeds, United Kingdom
“waitress service/ position of room near noisy link bridge”
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Arrived for a wedding , the reception could not find my partners name against a room number.
she had checked in the day before, i had no choice but to use my mobile, to find out which room was ours.
Once getting the room number, i went back to reception to check again with the correct number, she then gave me confirmation of the name. it appeared she had difficulty with reading the information. very surprised! as that was at the hotel reception!
the wedding reception food was very good but they refused to let me have cheese instead of a desert,not even trying to be helpful about my request. just no!
Not giving me the option to pay for it either at the table or on my room number, i confirmed with the waitress if she had informed the duty manager of my request, he also choose to ignore the request. he got eye contact with me, but was just too busy!
sleepless night near a link bridge.so if you stay on a weekend it maybe noisy if your room is situated near the bridge.
breakfast / very good with lots of cheese ho ho ho!

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank morgan L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 16, 2011

we have just got back from a beautiful break in the isle of man.

my family live there so i have never stayed in a hotel over there before but this trip was a special one as it was my birthday and my boyfriend proposed to me over there.

we got a great deal on are room they even up graded us free of charge as they new it was a special holiday.
are ferry got cancelled and they let us stay in the same room at the same rate which was really good of them.

food in the restaurant was very prices but nice !!

i would definatly stay again on my next visit next year !!

thanks l and n leeds

Room Tip: ask them to not but you on ground floor !!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Steak and Ale Pie 5 stars,
Service 5 stars
Rooms 4 stars (for what the cost was)
Leisure Facilities 2 stars.

Would I stay again - with work paying yes I would as it is value for money but if it was my own money the room would drop to 3 stars.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Douglas, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Have just checked in to Mount Murray. So far seen reception and the very tired and poor bedroom. Shower is diabolical and goes over most of the floor with the temperature control coming off the taps so is impossible to adjust before you get in. Watch out for the very wet bathroom floor when you have finished showering and dont spend to much time looking at the mouldy grout in between the tiles. The TV has to be circa 1980 and really makes you appreciate how far picture quality has improved with flat screens. You would have thought they could have at least modernised these with at least a cheap one from Argos?

Anyway off to take my chances with dinner now..........

Dont be fooled by a very smart website and if there are refurbished rooms here make sure you demand one. Not sure as yet how they have achieved a four star rating.

Good luck!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Wheets

Travelers are raving about these Santon hotels

Errol, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Overall a good place. Problems with the toilet, plumbing etc were fixed pretty quick. Our room was on floor 1, and the view was a brick wall ! Not a nice room and smelt damp on arrival. Bedding looked tired. Pillows were lumpy, not at all comfortable. Should have taken the advice and called ahead to arrange a refurbished room. Food was ok, nothing special. Leisure club facilities were very good. We were on a coach trip, had we paid full price I think we would have been disappoinated with the place.

Room Tip: Phone ahead ato check your not on first floor
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Dolgellau, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I stayed at the Mount Murray 23rd-25th of September and overall enjoyed my stay very much. After reading some reviews I decided to follow a 'traveller tip' and phone ahead to request a refurbished room above the ground floor which they provided us with no problem. The furniture itself looks a bit tired, a few water marks etc, but the room was clean and comfortable. Shower was absolutely excellent, plenty of pressure and volume of water. Nice little touches in the room like a sewing kit, shower cap, shoe polish etc. We were given a king room but as we had booked a double they only charged us for the double. The weekend we stayed there was an offer on as well so we only paid £65 per night including breakfast and access to all the leisure facilities! We stayed with our 4 month old baby and were a bit nervous that she wouldn't be very welcome but we couldn't have been more wrong, one of the staff at breakfast in particular whose name I didn't get was absolutely lovely to her.

Ate in the lake view bar on the Friday night, the staff were very polite and couldn't help you enough and service was very quick! The food was tasty, perhaps a bit lacking for the price but we still enjoyed it.

We had our own car so loved that the location was a bit off the main road for the peace and quiet. We really appreciated the nice views of the lake and the golf course and we're from rural Wales so very often completely take for granted the scenery.

Breakfast was plentiful with lots of choice. We had a full breakfast both mornings but the muffins, pastries and fruit platters all looked lovely and fresh!

Overall I would definitely stay again, especially at the £65 price we paid!

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room above the ground floor as they're much nicer.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank nicolinalee
Leicestershire
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I stayed here whilst officiating at the Commonwealth Youth Games. Reception staff were very helpful when we arrived. We came on an early flight and they already had our room ready, even at 10am in the morning. Our room was spacious and very comfortable, always clean and we had no bother with noise from other guests. Breakfast was plentiful and other options such as omlettes could be cooked to order. Again, the staff were very helpful and polite. The fitness centre was huge considering it was in a hotel. The scenery was absolutely fantastic. The location is convenient - there is a bus stop about 2 minutes walk from the hotel. Overall, I could not fault this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santon
Sefton Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ramsey
The Hydro Hotel
The Hydro Hotel
#13 of 17 in Douglas

Been to Mount Murray Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!