“Worth a visit”

Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Whitwell
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2013

What a good looking pub ! the white building and the surrounding village draw you in.
There was ample parking to the rear and a play area for the young ones.
The staff were very welcoming and we placed our order easily, but they did retain my card till the meal was over?
The food was very good and all my clan said "this is right nice" a result when you have teenagers!
The pub was very relaxed and the menu varied, there was also a games area for playing of pool.
We really enjoyed our visit here and if passing again wouldn't hesitate in stopping by.

1  Thank phonicsfella17

Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is a great local pub and produces good, honest local food. Great portions and good value for money. Also a very wide selection of dishes to choose from. The staff are very friendly and attentive. The only down fall to this pub is the landlord. I found him very arrogant and on my last visit I heard him in a very loud voice how annoyed he was that his profits weren't very good and that he didn't receive as much as he wanted. I found this very rude and obnoxious and very uncomfortable to listen to. apart from this a very enjoyable evening had by all.

2  Thank ChristopherForder82
Reviewed December 11, 2012

It' been quite a while since we've had a meal here. It has changed hands at least once since I was there. And now as good as ever.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

the pies of the day are remarkable home made and believe me they are something out of this world and the owners and staff are so nice and friendly well worth a visit we go there quite often and we are never disappointed see you there hopefully if you can get a table advisable to book always busy.
The service is always good

1  Thank anthonywoodford
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Great olde worlde pub, but quite noisy....a busy night. The food was only OK but the food waiter was a little rude. Barstaff were great under pressure. Prices were reasonable.