“The Perfect Birthday Surprise”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Slade Barn Gower

Front parking
Front lawn and decked area Level lawn and decking enclosed by stock proof fencing.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Front parking
Front lawn and decked area
Level lawn and decking enclosed by stock proof fencing.
Master bedroom
Master bedroom showing en suite
Seating area viewed from kitchen
Seating area towards kitchen
Three cliffs bay 10 minutes drive from cottage
Slade sands 5 minutes walk from cottage
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
StephenNo...
Nottingham
“The Perfect Birthday Surprise”
Reviewed May 16, 2011 for a stay in May 2011

For my 60th birthday, my wife, two sons and daughters-in-law, and little granddaughter took me for two nights away for a surprise weekend break. I had no idea where we were going to although, when we got to Cardiff, began to suspect that it may be in Wales. From Swansea through Gower and finally along a narrow country lane we arrived at literally where the road ended, at Slade Barn.
From the moment we opened the gate, (initially the wrong way!), everything went to perfection. The accommodation is modern, stylish and wants for nothing in facilities but it was the little finishing touches that were so welcoming - fresh bread in the kitchen, a bottle of wine and Welshcakes (no, we'd never heard of these either).
Outside is a lawned garden with table and chairs overlooking the sea - perfect for a drink and for "chilling out".
The beach is a pleasant meander down the lane opposite and although we didn't have the time to do so, there are many good and varied coastal and moorland walks in the area.
Given that our ages ranged from 2 years, through to 20's, 30's, 50's (and 60), and the fact that we all agreed that we would like to come back, you can say that Slade Farm appeals to all ages.
The weather was warm, but we lit the log burner (just because we wanted to) - it was good, but after a while it went out. I mentioned it to Martin, who asked me if I'd used the air vent. I smiled and said: "Ahh. Air vent". So no doubt now, for the benefit of stupid townies like me, there will be a note about this in the book. Clearly, if you don't understand anything, just ask Martin.
Our only regret was that we couldn't stay longer.

Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Luxury-minded travelers

Your age range 25-34
Bristol
Reviewed March 14, 2011 for a stay in October 2010

Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 55-64
Bristol
Reviewed March 13, 2011 for a stay in November 2010

Your age range 35-44
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing