“Decent meal for the money”

The Dillwyn Arms Hotel
The Dillwyn Arms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pontardawe
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Visited here for a meal, food was good and very good value for money. £40 for 4 people, including some drinks, good specials available (2 for £10). Service a little slow and the staff kept opening the window right next to us and it was a bit chilly, had to ask for window to be closed despite us saying to first person that there was a draft.
If you want simple food, cooked well, and dine in a decent environment this place should fit the bill.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for The Dillwyn Arms Hotel

Reviewed August 3, 2012

My wife and I together with our granddaughter stayed at the hotel in July 2012. I must say that the staff were wonderful but our room was basic with no headboard and there was no maid to make the beds. the plumbing was noisy when anyone in another room used the toilet or taps.The beds though were very comfortable. Times for breakfast were very flexable as we dont like to rise too early the full english breakfast was well cooked but one day we had two sausages and the other two days only one. There was no cerial on offer or orange juice as we are used to even in two star establishments.I thought £108 per night for the family room was quite expensive for a pub but I must say the the manageress discounted the price without me asking saving me £24 on the bill for the three nights

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2012

All at the highest quality: accommodation, meals, bar. A place to come back with great pleasure.

Room Tip: Corner suites are sunny
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 30, 2012

My Wife and myself booked a room here as we were attending a friends wedding in Llansamlet and reception in near by Plas Cilybebyll and wanted to save on taxi fares to and from home. From the first contact over the phone to check availability the staff were very warm and friendly. A quick pitstop to drop off our bags and collect a key on the Friday of the wedding and again a very warm welcome and couple of taxi numbers for the trip back later that evening, asked what time breakfast was and was told whenever you want it in the morning just give us a shout. We arrived back at the dillwyn arms at approx 1am to be asked if we wanted anything but as we had now been on the go since 9am just wanted a bit of sleep. The room was spotlessly clean with nice crisp linen on the bed. The bathroom allthough showing some signs of use was perfectly adequate for our needs. We went down for breakfast in the morning at 10 am and again a very friendly welcom from the chef and a much needed pot of tea and a fab cooked breakfast. all in all a very nice stay and would have no hesitation staying again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2012

My girl friend and I booked a room at the The Dillwyn Arms Hotel as I did'nt want to drive home after a night out at the Pontardawe Arts Center,, we was made to feel very welcome, and I find that much more relaxing, there was no time limit on beakfast in the morning so we was able to have a good lay in and just give then a shout in the morning when we wanted beakie :) and breakie was lush :) there is a bar down stairs were the locals are very friendly, all in all I would give them 10 out of 10
Thanks for a great stay :) will deff use this hotel again when we go to the arts Center again

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bryan O
Reviewed November 6, 2011

food bland rooms basic the fact that there is not much competition in pontardawe means they can get away with it

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Although have not stayed myself, friends have and have had a very good welcome with clean comfortable rooms. The Sunday lunch cooked by Amanda is proper home cooking.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pontardawe
Holiday Inn Express Swansea East
Travelodge Llanelli Cross Hands
The BlueBell Hotel
The BlueBell Hotel
#1 of 3 in Neath

Been to The Dillwyn Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!