Congo bongo is located on a preserved area. The land is extended, full of wild animals but very few tourists. The houses are separated with enough land so that you don't feel any intrusion in your privacy although most of your day is spent on the terraces or open kitchen, The houses are built in wood and integrate very well to the surroundings. It'a bit like an eco-lodge. You live really in contact with the jungle, and hear amazing sounds, especially early morning. You see the monkeys or toucans or sloths while you're having your breakfast. We loved he path to the beach where we saw animals we had seen with experienced guides in other parcs. The children loved the waves and the beach was absolutely non touristy. We could walk or drive to manzanillo and had great suppers and fantastic snorkeling with the children in the coral reef. Amazing coloured fishes. Nice caribbean atmosphere too. Good walks as well in the Manzanillo parc or on the beech. It is very wild, very authentic. Lots of nice restaurants in Puerto Viejo. Daan, the owner is nice and helpful. Excellent quality- price rate, in the top three best stays in Costa Rica.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Congo Bongo is located in the Gandoca Manzanillo Wildlife Refuge on the Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica and surrounded by a rich variety of flora and fauna. The beautiful Caribbean Sea is just a few steps away. We have seven fully equipped ecolodges accommodating between three and seven guests. You will enjoy the peace and quiet of the tropical jungle and you will live an unforgettable experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Congo Bongo Ecolodges Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Congo Bongo Hotel Manzanillo
- Congo Bongo Ecolodges Costa Rica Manzanillo